Once your Instagram account is linked to your Facebook store, products can be tagged individually within Instagram posts, and these tags can attract shoppers to your online store to make purchases. Here’s how to sell on Instagram by enabling the Shoppable tag on your Instagram posts.
The Instagram account cannot be connected to the list Facebook Marketplace. The purchasable posting feature only works with stores hosted on a Facebook business page. Facebook Marketplace and Facebook store features are completely different from one another.
What You Should Sell on Instagram
Creating a shop and selling on Instagram is a little more complicated than just manually entering a product name, description and link. Before we can start selling and creating a shop on Instagram, you must have the following requirements:
- Business Instagram Account: You can switch to the Instagram Business account at any time, just tap Settings → Account → Switch to Business Account.
- Facebook business page: Facebook business pages can be created for free by anyone on Facebook.
- Shop active on your Facebook business page: This could be a shop that you created yourself manually with WordPress or a Facebook shop powered by Shopify.
How to Sell Products on Instagram
Once you have your Instagram Business account set up and an active Facebook store on your Facebook business page, you are ready to link the three together and start creating posts that can be bought on Instagram.
1. Open a web page Facebook Product Catalog with a web browser on your computer.
2. Select the Facebook shop name that you want to sell on Instagram. The Facebook business page must be the same as the one linked to your Instagram Business account.
3. Select Settings.
4. Next to Business Manager Account, select Connect.
5. Select the Facebook account from the drop-down menu that you want to manage with your Facebook store and select it Connect.
Chances are you will only have one option which will be your personal account. This is completely fine and normal.
6. Open the application Instagram on your iOS or Android device.
7. Tap menu hamburger in the top right corner.
8. Tap Settings → Business.
9. Tap Sign up for shopping.
10. Tap Continue.
11. Tap Submit for Review. Instagram staff will personally review your app and approve or reject it within a few days. You will receive a notification within the Instagram app once the decision is made.
12. Once approved, you can add product links. Tap a field Tag Products new when creating a new Instagram post, then type the product name. The way it works is almost the same as when tagging other people in Instagram posts.
Products must be approved and live on your Facebook page before you can tag them on Instagram. If they don’t appear when you type their name, they may still be Pending on Facebook.
What Can’t You Sell on Instagram?
Instagram shops are primarily aimed at selling physical products, not services. The sale of all products must also comply with the laws and regulations of the country of origin and to which they are shipped.
The following products are prohibited which are prohibited from selling on Instagram:
- Drugs and drugs
- Tobacco and tobacco-related products
- Health supplements and health care products
- Weapons, ammunition and explosives
- Human or animal body parts
- Digital products and services
- Money, digital currency, or cryptocurrency like Bitcoin
It is very important to read the official Instagram policy. Violating them, accidentally or not, can get your store or Instagram account disabled.
How to sell on Instagram without a store
If you don’t have an online store on Facebook and are not interested in creating one, you can still sell products and services on Instagram by promoting them on Facebook posts and placing links to where your followers can buy your items on your Instagram Profile.
Instagram doesn’t allow links to websites in post descriptions, but you are allowed one link on your main profile. You may often see that some people are linking their shop like “Check the link on my profile” in the post description, then edit the link on your profile.
Another good strategy for selling on Instagram is to post photos or videos of your products on Instagram Stories. If you have more than 10,000 followers you can also add a link to your Stories which your followers can visit with a swipe of the screen.
This linking method can also be used to direct people to your personal or business website.
Are you in the mood to try put music on Instagram Stories You to really get the attention of your followers.
And that’s a step by step guide to creating a shop on Instagram and how to sell on Instagram. Hopefully this simple article can help you in this online selling business. Good luck and good luck 🙂