Creating an Online Community Like a Facebook Social Network on WordPress with PeepSo – If you have ever thought about creating an online community site then this is very easy for you to make happen, especially if you are a WordPress user then of course you will be familiar with several plugins that function to add forum features to WordPress. But here I will introduce to you a plugin that may be unfamiliar to many WordPress users in Indonesia because maybe most of you are more familiar with BuddyPress.
The name of the plugin is PeepSo, where with this PeepSo plugin you can create a social networking site on your WordPress site with a look and features that almost resemble the famous social network Facebook very easily. You can literally own a cool online community site if you use this plugin as an option to create your own community site or social network. And let’s take a more detailed look at this PeepSo plugin…!
What is PeepSo?
PeepSo is a free plugin that you can use to easily add social networking sites or online communities like Facebook to your WordPress site. This social networking plugin for WordPress has a lot of features and uses that are almost similar to Facebook, such as adding friends, chatting, writing status, giving likes and comments, uploading images and videos, creating albums and much more.
PeepSo is a lightweight plugin with extensive features and can be a solution for WordPress users who want to easily create online community sites or social networks on the WordPress platform. PeepSo is a free plugin but there are some add-ons to extend social networking features that you should buy but still at a reasonable price. By maximizing the use of these add-ons you will actually be able to have a social networking site similar to Facebook even on the side of ad management.
PeepSo Key Features
Below is a list of features that you can get when using PeepSo, I will divide the features below into two parts for the features that are brought in the free version and some paid add-on features.
- Advanced user profile with avatar and cover image.
- Standard user registration
- User login on the frontend
- List of users on the frontend with search and filters
- User profiles can be customized
- A stream of activity from across the community
- Activity Stream for user profiles
- Users can share their status updates with various privacy settings
- Real time user notification
- User notification via email
- Custom user roles
- Comments are shown just below the posts of users in your community
- Posts can be sticky – this feature is great for making announcements so they stay on top
- PeepSo Profile Widget will display notifications in real time
- PeepSo Online Members widget to display who users are currently online
- PeepSo Latest Member widget to display your newest members
- The dashboard displays information about the activities of your online community
- Moods plugin – useful for expressing your feelings in posts
- Tag Plugin – This feature is useful for tagging other users in posts and comments
- Locations plugin – This feature allows you to share your location in posts and profiles
- There are options for Light and Dark Themes
- RTL support
- And much more
And below are some of the features you can get from the PeepSo premium add-ons:
- Groups – Creates open, closed and secret groups for the user
- Photo – Upload photos and create albums
- Video – Connect videos from supported providers
- Polls – Send questions to others to vote / poll
- Extended profile – Customizable profile fields
- Friends – Friend connection and “friend” level of privacy
- Chat – Private messages and direct chats between users
- Reactions – Say more than just “likes”
- BlogPosts – Integrating Blogs in the Community
- Email Digest – Draw users back with an automated newsletter
- Users Limits – Detailed control over user actions
- VIP – Assign custom badges to users
- WordFilter – Filters out all kinds of bad language
- AutoFriends – Create friend connections automatically
- GIPHY – Can send gifs in comments and chats
- BadgeOS – Can provide an achievement system for the community
- myCRED – Can give Points to the community
Apart from the above features, with PeepSo you can also make money from advertising in your online community or social networks. You can integrate the advertising system into PeepSo by using several plugins such as WPAdverts, Advanced Ads, and Paid Membership Pro.
PeepSo Plugin Price
As I mentioned earlier, the peepSo social networking plugin is free and you can download it directly through the WordPress.org directory, but there are some premium add-ons that you can buy if you really need them. These add-ons are sold separately and have different prices for each feature ranging from $ 19, $ 29, $ 59 to $ 99. You can see in full via the link below.
How to Create a Social Network Using the PeepSo Social Network on WordPress
To get started building your online community on WordPress with PeepSo, the first thing you need to do is install the PeepSo plugin through your WordPress admin. Read the complete guide on how to install a WordPress plugin.
After your PeepSo plugin is installed and activated, you will see a new menu added in your WordPress admin sidebar with the name “PeepSo”. And in this menu there are several more menus such as PeepSo, Members, Profiles, Mail Queue, Addons, Activities, Configuration, Reported Items.
The “PeepSo Dashboard” section here is a page that displays various reports such as graphs of posts, likes, comments, list of unapproved users, recent content, demographics, and reported items. And at the top there are several menu buttons that can direct you to the list of Members, Profiles, Emails, Add-ons, Activities and Configurations.
In the “Configurations” section, especially in the “General” section, here you can customize many things about the PeepSo plugin such as setting the maximum number of post characters, displayed comments, number of characters for readmore, setting registration, enabling reCaptcha, and reporting.
In the “Appearance” section here you can make adjustments to sorting the member user list, adjust how the user profile is displayed, avatars, covers, PeepSo templates are displayed dark or light, landing page images and can also adjust text.
In the “Edit Emails” section, you can customize all the contents of the email from various kinds of notification messages to your liking, and the next section is also equipped with a list of tokens that you can use as needed.
In the “Advanced” section here you can manage for SEO and Open Graph, Maintenance, Security, email, set to activate data deletion when you want to uninstall the peepSo plugin.
And that’s a little explanation regarding the PeepSo plugin configuration. In this discussion, I will not explain the whole PeepSo setup because this requires a very long writing, of course. To learn more fully about using PeepSo, you can read the documentation page that has been provided by them here ⇒ PeepSo Documentations.
And this is how the PeepSo WordPress social network will look like you will have, which looks like Facebook. It is made similar to Facebook maybe so that users in your online community will feel familiar with the layout and operation. You can also try it first before deciding to use PeepSo because you can try it first on the demo version, where in the demo version you can see live both the front end and back end. PeepSo Demo.
PeepSo is a plugin which can be a very good solution for creating an online community site on WordPress. With this free plugin, you can make an online community site feel like a Facebook social network, especially if you add a few paid add-ons to this plugin, your social networking site will be even more perfect and will actually resemble Facebook. PeepSo is also a lightweight plugin and also very easy in terms of configuration, anyone can create a cool social networking site for their own online community very easily with no coding knowledge required.