Download Monitor – WordPress Plugin to Create and Manage Download Files – WordPress by default allows users to upload various types of files to your WordPress website’s media library and can easily copy URLs from files in the WordPress media library to share with visitors so that they can easily download the files. However, if you want to share your files with visitors to download it would be nice if you use a third-party plugin that functions specifically to manage your download files.
By using a plugin that can manage download files for your WordPress site, you will be able to control and manage files more easily and will also get more complete information about your download files. Because if you use the default method, you cannot monitor the downloaded file in full. In this article, I will introduce to you a plugin that functions to create a download website, manage and monitor your download files in WordPress easily and more effectively, the plugin is Download Monitor made by Never5.
What is the Download Monitor Plugin?
The Download Monitor plugin is a WordPress plugin that makes it easier for you to create a download website, manage download files. This plugin gives you the ability to create and save download files on your WordPress site and with this plugin you can easily track or monitor the downloaded files such as the number of times the file has been downloaded, whoever downloaded the file and can also log access to it. download section.
This download monitor also includes several different templates that you can choose according to your wishes to display how the downloaded items will be displayed on the website. And also with this plugin you can set it to allow only registered users to download files.
Download Monitor Plugin Feature
Here are some excellent features that you can get from using a free monitor download plugin:
- Download monitor has an editor display similar to the default WordPress post editor, making it easier for users to add, edit and delete downloads because of its familiar appearance.
- Download monitor provides a panel in the post editor which functions to make it easier for users to quickly add files to download while editing posts.
- The download monitor allows users to add file version information, number of downloads and file links.
- Download monitor allows users to use an alternative link (mirror) per download version.
- Download monitor has categories, tags, and meta on each download item. This serves to group the downloaded items and makes filtering easier.
- Downlaod monitor allows you to display download links on the frontend using a shortcode.
- Download monitors have different templates and users can create their own custom templates.
- The download monitor allows the user to track the number of downloads and the attempts the user wishes to download via the log.
- Download monitor allows users to set download files to be downloaded only by logged in users.
- Download monitor allows users to set the download URL so that it becomes a pretty URL.
- Download monitor has an organized and organized admin UI, complete with search and filter functions.
- Download monitor has a widget to display a list of downloads, the user can display on the WordPress sidebar.
Download Monitor Plugin Extension
- Captcha: Extension Captcha for Download Monitor lets you ask users to complete a Google reCAPTCHA before they get access to downloads.
- Downloading Page: The Downloading Page extension for Download Monitor works to force your downloads to serve on separate pages.
- Google Drive: Allows you to use files that are hosted or stored on Google Drive as Download Monitor.
- Addon Page: Add a short code [download_page] self-contained to your site for a list of downloads, categories, tags, and display page info about each of your resources.
- Terms & Conditions: Ask your users to accept your terms and conditions before they can download your file.
- Twitter Lock: The Twitter Lock extension will ask the user to tweet a text that you predefined before they get access to the downloaded item.
- Amazon S3: Links to files hosted on Amazon s3 so you can find safe download links and outdated download links.
- Gravity Forms Lock: The Gravity Form extension for Download Monitor allows you to ask users to fill out a form from a Gravity Form before they get access to a download item.
- Lock Email: The Email Lock Extension for Download Monitor allows you to ask users to fill in their email address before they get access to downloads.
- Ninja Forms Lock: Ninja Forms extension for Download Monitor lets you ask users to fill out forms from Ninja Forms before they get access to downloads.
- Email Notification: Email Notification Extension for Download Monitor will send you an email whenever one of your files is downloaded.
- MailChimp Lock: MailChimp Lock for Download Monitor lets you ask users to subscribe to your MailChimp list before they get access to downloads.
- CSV Importer : Bulk import of up to thousands of downloaded items to Download Monitor with CSV Importer.
- CSV exporter : Export all your downloaded items including categories, tags and file versions to a CSV file with one click!
- Advanced Access Manager : The Advanced Access Manager extension allows you to create advanced download limits per download and at the global level.
- Download Duplicator: Easily duplicate downloads including data, versions and their files with one click.
Those are some snippets of the monitor download plugin extension. As I said above, the monitor download plugin is a free plugin, but you can add functionality to the plugin with a paid extension. You can buy the monitor download extension separately according to your needs or buy the entire extension in the bundle which is of course a much cheaper price at $ 125.
How to use the Download Monitor plugin in WordPress
To use plugins Download Monitor, the first thing you need to do is install the plugin through your WordPress admin. You can search through Plugins »Add New and type the keyword “Download Monitor” in the plugin search. This plugin is available in the WordPress.org plugin library and it is a free plugin.
Once your plugin is installed please activate the plugin. You will see a new menu item added to your WordPress admin sidebar with the name “Downloads”.
Then you can go to “Settings” to configure the Download Monitor plugin, on this settings page you will see several tab menus that you can use to select the template you want to use to display your download items. The template you choose will affect how your download items are displayed. This display template includes a variety of options, from simple text links, to custom buttons and images.
You can also activate the option to prevent hot linking, where if a file is detected that is not downloaded from your website it will be redirected to the homepage of your website and there will also be a message that you can display. Apart from that you can also block IP addresses that you don’t want your files to download from.
If you enable logging, you can see how popular your files are from the Download Logs screen. The download management page also includes some basic information including file access.
The settings page for the Download Monitor plugin is very simple, you don’t need any special knowledge to be able to configure it. And once you are done on the settings page, you can immediately add download items to your WordPress site.
How to Add Download Items
To create a download item, please enter the menu Downloads »Add New. You will see a download editor page just like your post editor.
Please feel free to enter a title, and description for your download item. You can write a description according to your wishes or you can also leave this section blank because this is only optional because the Download Monitor plugin uses custom post types to manage downloads, you can use the WordPress post editor to make your download descriptions more complete at once. can add images and other media to the description as you wish.
Below the description column you will see an “Add File” button in the Downloadable Files / Version section. Please click the “Add File” button to enter the URL for the file to download, this section also contains fields to fill in the version, count and date. Then click the “Upload Files” button and please upload the files you want to share with your users.
In the section for managing download files, you can also tag and category each download. It aims to make your downloads easier to manage, and allows you to show all downloaded items from a specific category in one place.
Still in the download item editor section, you can see on the upper right side there is a column about “Download Informations” which contains information about the ID, URL and shortcode of your download file.
And under that column there is “Download Options” where you can activate several options such as Featured Download, Member Only, and Redirect to file.
If you have finished creating new download items, please click the “Publish” button, which will store the downloaded items that you have added. You can create a new download item again like the steps above or you can immediately install the download item on a post, page or on a widget on your website. You can see all the downloaded items that you have added in the menu Download ⇒ All Downloads.
For example, I will install a download item on a post in WordPress, so you can create a new post or edit an existing post. Place the cursor on the part you want and paste the shortcode code contained in the download item in the posting area that you have specified and click “Publish”.
And now you can see how that download item will appear on your WordPress website posts. When you want to display download items on posts or pages in your WordPress, you can display only one download item or multiple download items at once.
The Download Monitor plugin is a free and lightweight plugin that can be used to create download websites and manage download files on a WordPress site. This plugin makes it easy for users to share downloaded files with visitors and can track downloaded files. Download monitor has enough features to help you share files with visitors and this plugin also has many extensions to enhance the functionality of the monitor download plugin.