Easy Ways to Change Your YouTube Channel URL – When you create a channel or channel on YouTube, the channel automatically assigns a long, random, unreadable URL, where the URL consists of a random set of characters.
Of course such URLs will be difficult to remember and not friendly to search engines or the installation is not SEO Friendly. Apart from being unfriendly to search engines, it will also be difficult for others to read. Especially when your YouTube channel is getting famous, with an unattractive channel URL that makes your channel look unattractive when you want to share your channel.
Luckily YouTube gives you the option to create a custom YouTube URL for your Channel to make it look more attractive. In addition, by replacing the URL of your YouTube channel with an easy-to-read URL or naming your business brand, this will make your brand more popular and easy to find on search engines.
As an example
URL default - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfXz3mXi_EMUTDKEaXV82_Q
URL kustom - https://www.youtube.com/verandalounge atau https://www.youtube.com/c/verandalounge
After looking at the URL above, you can easily understand the following compelling reasons why you should immediately get or change a special URL on your YouTube channel.
- Easy to read and remember
- Easy to share
- Branding – This will help in spreading awareness about your brand
However, you need to know that in order to claim a custom URL on YouTube with your brand name, there are a number of requirements that must be passed. This is because not everyone can easily claim the special URL except for the brand owner.
The requirements are:
- Your channel or channel must be created at least 30 days old.
- It should have 100+ subscribers.
- Channel Icon and Art must be added.
If you have met the conditions above then you can read more and immediately replace your YouTube channel URL with a special URL according to your brand or name.
Changing the Custom URL for YouTube Channels
In order to change a custom URL on a YouTube Channel, you must use a browser on your computer.
- Head over to the YouTube website and log into your account if you haven’t already.
- Now, click on your profile photo in the top right corner and select Settings or Settings.
- Under Settings, select “Advanced settings” or Advanced Settings from the options on the left sidebar.
- Furthermore, in the Channel Settings you will be able to see something similar to – “You are entitled to a custom URL. click the text link “Claim it here”.
- Type in the name you want for your channel URL. And you have to make adjustments if the name is already in use.
- After that agree to the terms and click “Change URL”.
- Continue by clicking the Confirm option. Or click the Cancel button if you are unsure of the name.
With this, your custom YouTube URL is now changed to your liking and is ready to be shared.
If you already have a custom URL but want to delete or change it then you can do that too.
Remove And Change Custom URL on YouTube
- Log into your Google account and open the About Me page.
- Here, click the pencil icon next to Site to edit the customized URL.
- The next dialog box will display the custom URL. Click the X icon next to it to delete it.
- Confirm by clicking Continue.
- With this, the URL will be removed but may still work for a few days. To get a new custom URL, use the same steps shared above on your YouTube account.
With the many benefits offered by a custom channel URL, you should immediately consider changing the YouTube channel URL and adjusting it to your favorite brand or name.
And that’s a simple guide on how to easily and useful change YouTube channel URLs for branding and make it easier for users and search engines to read your YouTube channel URL. Good luck and good luck.