If you’re currently looking for a way to make your WordPress website have a great menu, then it’s quite easy because you can use the Mega Menu with the QuadMenu plugin.
Having a website that looks great and is professional is a must, especially if you are using the website for business. Having a beautiful website will attract your visitors to become clients and will also increase their confidence in your business.
In the world of design, the most important thing when creating a website is the menu. The menu section is very important because this is the navigation part that will be used frequently by users. If your website navigation is bad then this will make users feel annoyed and judge your business badly.
Most of the big websites, they make their website menus look amazing and there are often websites that are simple in design but have great menus, making them look professional. Therefore, you need to make your website menu an important point that you have to overhaul to make it more beautiful and interactive.
It doesn’t matter what WordPress theme you use, this QuadMenu Plugin will help you easily have a Mega Menu and have lots of choices for beautiful menu options.
In this article, I will review what QuadMenu is and why you need to use this plugin for your website. In addition, I will also provide a brief guide on how to create a Mega Menu with QuadMenu. Let’s continue….!
What is QuadMenu?
QuadMenu is a plugin that allows you to create menus to display more menus and category snippets in a more attractive way than the usual menu, this kind of menu is known as the Mega menu. For example, you can use the mega menu to direct visitors to a specific category, display your recent posts, add a search form, etc. QuadMenu can also create menu tabs and carrousel menus in a simple way and turn WordPress’ native menus into powerful menus. It can even display superior products that you sell directly on the menu, of course this will be very interesting if you install it for your WooCommerce online store.
You can see this type of Mega menu displayed on major websites such as news, online shops or companies. In addition to making the navigation more attractive and attractive, the Mega menu navigation will also make visitors interested in clicking, this means that it will make your content more open to visitors which ultimately lowers the bounce rate of your website.
QuadMenu is a free plugin that you can download directly on WordPress.org, but to increase the features and functionality of the QuadMenu plugin, you are given the option to upgrade to the premium version starting at $ 15 for Personal, $ 30 for Agency package and $ 60 for Developer package. .
There are still many advantages offered by QuadMenu, and this is really interesting to discuss and may be a strong reason for you to use QuadMenu after reading this review.
QuadMenu Key Features
QuadMega Menu Menu has many excellent excellent features that will make your web menu look spectacular, here are some of them:
- Drag-and-drop interface : QuadMenu extends the native WordPress menu system by adding an easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface. This drag and rop interface will help you create impressive Mega Menus without the need for skills programming language the slightest bit.
- Mobile friendly design : This Mega Menu supports beautiful responsive menus, where your website menu will be very easy to navigate and have a perfect layout on mobile. Touch screen technology is also included so that mobile users will be completely comfortable when navigating your menu and this substantially improves the user experience on their smartphone’s touch screen.
- Many Layout options : QuadMenu provides many menu layouts to choose from. This is the first Mega Menu which is all one solution, as you will be able to create horizontal or vertical menus on desktop devices and foldable or off-canvas menus on mobile. There are 4 layouts in QuadMenu namely: Collpase, Offcanvas, Vertical and Sidebar.
- Many skin choices : QuadMenu provides a large selection of Skins to make your Mega menu look beautiful. This is of course a serious concern because it relates to the design of various websites so QuadMenu puts a lot of freedom for you in choosing the skin that best fits your web design.
- Lots of elements and options : Customize the Mega menu on your website according to your taste by adding various items such as videos, icons, images, audio, sliders, tabs, columns, widgets and more.
- Developer options : QuadMenu has been designed by developers for developers. QuadMenu has included a large number of filters that allow you to change the style and behavior of your WordPress Menu, simplifying integration with your products. You are free to do anything with QuadMenu.
- Customization : QuadMenu provides excellent features when you are willing to use this plugin on a premium version. You will have a dedicated customization dashboard that you can use to change any menu color scheme or layout settings and see the effect of your changes in real time.
How to Use QuadMenu
To create a Mega Menu with QuadMenu, of course, the first thing you have to do is install QuadMenu Plugin. For this plugin installation process the same as installing plugins in general. You can read my article about A complete guide on how to install a WordPress plugin.
After the plugin installation process is complete, please activate the QuadMenu plugin and you will find a new menu item added in the sidebar with the name “QuadMenu”.
Next, please enter the section QuadMenu → Options → Configurations, and make sure all buttons are in the “On” position.
Next, you can configure the plugin in this section and click on the menu location you want. For example, I click “Primary Menu”.
Next, slide the switch to activate “Integration and Conflicts” to link the QuadMenu to your menu location. Next, press the “Save” button.
Note that you can integrate plugins manually if the automatic method doesn’t work for one reason or another. Besides, you can create your own stylish theme. Having multiple themes means you can change the menu style with one click.
To create a new theme, click the “Create Theme” button. Next, name your theme, style it the way you like it and save your changes. With the theme ready, you can select it from the drop-down menu in the “Theme” section.
For this review, I am using “Default Theme” instead of creating a new theme. You are now ready to create a Mega Menu on your website.
Furthermore, you can set your menu theme in the “Default Theme” menu, you can customize your Mega Menu design with the image of your website. In this section you can customize the background, color, text, logo, typography, animations and much more.
To start creating Mega Menu with QuadMenu, please go to Appearances → Menu in your WordPress admin menu.
Now specify the name of your menu if you are creating a new menu, give it the name you want in that column. And click the “Save Menu” button.
After you activate QuadMenu, you will see a “+ QuadMenu” option button when you highlight your menu.
After you click the “+ QuadMenu” button, there will be many setting items from QuadMenu which are configured here, such as adding subtitles, badges, general, width, columns, and icons.
In the “Add Menu Item” section, QuadMenu also adds options such as QuadMenu Item. You can add various items to your menu such as Mega, Icon, Cart and Search.
For example I added a QuadMenu Item with Mega. And after that enter the QuadMenu settings, then I will find the Mega Menu settings such as:
- Default : In the menu section of this tab you will find the same settings as the usual menu, namely URL, Target URL, Title, Title Attribute and CSS.
- General : In the menu section of this tab you can add subtitles, badges, and adjust the position of the Float section.
- Icon : In the menu tab, you can add an icon to each of your menus.
- Background : In the menu section of this tab you can add a background in your Mega Menu with the image you want and set the opacirty and position.
- Width : In the menu section of this tab you can set the width, which here is specified and you can select from the dropdown menu.
- Columns : In the menu section of this tab you can choose the layout for how your Mega Menu will be displayed and add menu items to each column such as adding menu categories, posts, pages and many more.
After that, you can save your menu and see how the results from your menu will be displayed. And the result will look like the image below.
QuadMenu is a great plugin and it will make your website look great and professional. Your web design will look more attractive and also increase the clicks on the content or products you sell if you make your website menu navigation with QuadMenu Mega Menu.
Although basically every type of website doesn’t have to use a Mega Menu, the Mega menu can certainly be a useful feature for blogs (and other sites). You can give your visitors more navigation options with Mega menus, and QuadMenu is a great choice as a plugin that can give your WordPress site the ability to create beautiful Mega Menus.