How to Create a Photo Gallery in WordPress with Modula Gallery – One way to make content look attractive is to place some images in the article, apart from giving color to your writing, this can also make visitors feel happy and feel at home for a long time when visiting your website, especially when you add several images into a gallery then this will add positive value to the website and also make your website more attractive.
WordPress by default already has a feature to make several images into a gallery, but the default WordPress gallery tends to be ordinary and less attractive. You can read the guide on centerclick on how to ⇒ How to create a gallery in WordPress.
If you want to display multiple images into an attractive and creative gallery then you can find many WordPress plugins that specifically have the ability to create galleries, and to shorten your search here I will introduce a cool plugin to create photo galleries with great features and animations. complete, the plugin is Modula Gallery.
What is Modula Gallery?
Modula Gallery is WordPress plugin which can help you easily and quickly create and organize galleries with beautiful and attractive grid gallery displays. This Modula plugin made by Macho Themes can create a gallery in just minutes, because users only need to name the gallery, upload an image and paste the shortcode and then the plugin will automatically create a unique and creative gallery layout and design to be displayed on your website.
With this Modula Gallery plugin you can display various kinds of images for various purposes, you can create galleries in article content, create galleries on pages independently or create galleries as your portfolio. In addition, you will also get many animation options to display images so that they look more attractive and can also add custom CSS and much more.
Modula Gallery Highlights
Modula Gallery is really designed to make it easier for users to create galleries in WordPress, but the plugin still has very complete features and will make your pictures and photos look beautiful. Here are some of the features brought by Modula Gallery:
- Responsive: Modula Gallery already supports responsiveness so that your images can look perfect on various devices with different screen sizes.
- Hover Effect: Modula Gallery has 12 different hover effect options to beautify your gallery when the mouse points at the image and all of them support for all browsers, the hover effects include Appear, Catinelle, Comodo, Crafty, Curtain, Fluid up, Hide, Lens, Pufrobo , Quiet, Reflex, Seemo
- Lightbox: Modula Gallery has as many as 6 different options for lightboxes to view the gallery. They include; fancybox, light gallery, lightbox, magnific popup, prettyphoto and swipebox.
- Filter: Modula Gallery has a filter feature, this is useful for making it easier for visitors to see the desired gallery according to the gallery category.
- Image Loaded Effect: This feature allows images to be loaded in 4 different orders for increased creativity. Options include; Horizontal sliding, Rotation, Scale, Vertical sliding.
- Margins: Modulla Gallery allows users to adjust the distance between images in the gallery as desired.
- Shuffle: Modulla Gallery has a feature to automatically shuffle images when the page is refreshed, this will make the gallery always look different.
- Social Share: Modulla Gallery has a feature that allows users to easily share images directly to social media including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google Plus.
- Styling: Modula also lets you style your gallery by adjusting the borders with their radius, size and color. It’s also possible to add nice shadows to images to get a unique overall look.
- Captions: Modulla Gallery lets you add captions to individual images and add text and color animations.
How to Create a Photo Gallery in WordPress With Modula Gallery
To use this plugin, of course you have to buy a plugin license and you will get the plugin file to download. After you download the modula gallery file, now you can install and activate the plugin.
Once your plugin is activated, you will see a new menu item added with the name “Modula”. And to create your first gallery in WordPress, please click the menu Modula »Add Gallery.
- Give the gallery a name
- Provide a description gallery (this will not show on the frontend)
- Select gallery width as a percentage
- Select the gallery height in pixels
On the next screen, you can:
- Choose whether to show the title text on images and, if so, where to pull that title text from (you can use a media file title or description)
- Choose whether to display the image on the image and, if so, where to pull the text from (you can use a title, caption or description from the media file)
- Choose the hover effect to use when the mouse highlights over a single image (you can also turn off the hover effect if you want)
And now, all you need to do is:
- Choose a minimum image size (Modula will not resize images smaller than this)
- Please add an image from your media library, you can add it now or later.
Then, just click Save and Modula Gallery will display the shortcode for you. And now your new gallery is finished and you can immediately see the results by adding the new gallery to your post or page.
Above is the process of creating a gallery with modula in a fast way, if you want to make your gallery even more beautiful, you can do advanced settings. But even if you don’t do these advanced settings, your gallery is fully functional.
Here’s How To Set Up Advanced Modulla Gallery
To perform advanced settings, you can access them by clicking the link when you create the shortcode or by going to your Modula Dashboard and clicking the edit or pen icon:
In this settings area, you get a bunch of accordion tabs containing all the adjustments you can make in your gallery.
In the “General” section you can set the width, height, minimum image size (px), margins, lightbox links, shuffle, and set the maximum number of images.
In the “Captions” section, you can select the caption text to be taken from the Title, Description, or remove the captions, besides that, you can also adjust the font size and color of the captions text.
In the “Social Share” section you can choose which social media icons will be displayed for users to share images in your gallery. And also color settings for social media icons.
In the “Image Loaded Effect” section you can adjust the scale, rotation, horizontal slide and vertical slide.
In the “Hover Slide” you can choose a hover effect, hover color and background darkness or opacity.
In the “Styles” section you can adjust the border size, border radius, border color, broder shadow and border shadow color.
In the “Custom Script” section there is an empty column that you can use to add custom scripts as you wish.
Above are the steps for creating a gallery in WordPress using Modula Gallery and also a brief explanation of each of the advanced settings available in the modula gallery.
Now it’s time to put your gallery in the page or post section, in this example I will try to put a gallery on a page or pages. Please create a new page at Pages »Add New Page. And please put the shortcode from the Gallery that you created.
Or you can also directly use the Modula Gallery icon that has been added to your WordPress editor with a green icon as seen in the image above and a popup will appear with a list of galleries that you have created.
Modula Gallery is a freemium plugin, which you can download for free at WordPress.org ⇒ Modula Gallery Free and to get the full features of this plugin then you can buy it.
There are a total of 4 pricing plans offered by modula gallery.
- Basic $ 19 for 1 site.
- Duo $ 29 for 2 sites.
- Pro $ 39 for 5 sites.
- Business $ 49 for unlimited sites.
All price packages above have the same features, the difference is the use of plugins on the number of sites. You can buy it with various payment methods such as credit card, PayPal and many more.
The WP Modula plugin is an easy-to-use tool for users to create and design beautiful galleries. The plugin has many features and various animations to enhance your WordPress photo gallery. You can use the free version freely and there is also a premium version with very complete features and an affordable price.
And that’s my review of the modula Gallery plugin to create a photo gallery in WordPress easily and quickly. Hopefully this article was useful for you and good luck 🙂