How to Download or Download WhatsApp Status for Android & iPhone. WhatsApp always updates its application, and currently WhatsApp supports status in the form of images, videos and gifs. Where previously the WhatsApp status was only text writing. Unfortunately there are still many users of this WhatsApp instant message application who still don’t know how to download or download WhatsApp status from other users or people.
Most WhatsApp users who see status in the form of images, videos and gifs that are interesting or funny, when they want to use it as a status, they will ask for the video status, image or status in the form of the gif directly. Even though we can get this status easily directly from our own smartphone, even though the WhatsApp application does not provide a download or download feature in the application.
Users usually only rely on how to take someone’s interesting status with the screenshot feature. But this only applies to image status and cannot be used to retrieve status in the form of a moving gif or video image.
But you don’t need to worry because in this article I will provide a tutorial to download WhatsApp status and save it in the gallery of your Android device and you can use that status without asking directly to the owner of the status you see.
Download or Download WhatsApp Status on Android
With this method, you will be able to download all kinds of WhatsApp statuses like photos, videos and also gifs. This solution is quite simple, just follow the steps below and you will have WhatsApp status from anyone in the gallery of your Android device.
- Open the “WhatsApp” application and select the Status tab.
- Tap on the WhatsApp status of someone from your contact whose status you want to download, and watch it out.
- Now close the WhatsApp application and open the file manager on your Android device. You can download the ‘File Manager’ app from the Google Play Store if you don’t have one.
- I use the default File Manager available on my cellphone (because most smartphones already have their own default File Manager application). Open it and find the “WhatsApp” folder and tap on it.
- Next, open the Media folder as shown in the image below.
- Next open the “.Statuses” folder, if you don’t see it then look for the setting option for “Show hidden files”. This folder will not be the same on various Android devices, some are automatically visible and some are still hidden.
- Now open the “.Statuses” folder and tap to open it and congratulations now that you have seen all the statuses that you have seen in the WhatsApp application are available in this folder.
- Next, you select the status you want to take and copy the file and move it to the gallery of your Android device. To do this, long press on that image or video and a list of options will appear. Just tap on the copy or copy option.
- After this it returns to the screen where you see the WhatsApp folder inside the File Manager. On the same screen, locate the DCIM folder. Open and paste or paste the status that you copied earlier.
- After this open the gallery on your Android device and navigate to the DCIM folder. And now you have seen the status that you downloaded is in your gallery and now it’s time to use the file to update your status.
Note: The options in File Manager or File Manager may appear different from the steps mentioned above. This procedure is performed using the new File Manager.
This second method, to download video status, images and gifs on WhatsApp, you are required to install an additional application called Story Saver For WhatsApp from Google Play.
- Install the application Story Saver for WhatsApp.
- Open the WhatsApp application, and make sure you see the status that you want to download until it runs out, because this is the download process. (The goal is that the video is stored as a cache in your Android memory).
- Then run the Story Saver for WhatApp application
- And you can already see various kinds of status from other people on the list, you download status images, gifs and videos from WhatsApp Status Story of the person you want to Download. You can select the tab at the bottom to take a picture or video.
Download or Download WhatsApp Status on iPhone iOS
The way to download WhatsApp status videos, images and gifs on an iOS iPhone device is to use the WhatsApp Pocket software, this software is useful for data recovery which also has a feature to allow you to save WhatsApp status videos and images. It functions as a desktop application and is available for download on Windows and MacOS.
- download WhatsApp Pocket and Install it on your MacBook or Windows laptop.
- Run the app and connect your iPhone / iPad to your computer.
- On WhatsApp Pocket, select your device and start Scanning. Wait until the scan is complete.
- WhatsApp chats or chats will be displayed, including files such as images, videos from your contacts and also from status updates.
- Click and Preview on the WhatsApp chat, and the status you want.
- Click on the “Export Attachement” button and choose where to save the status.
And now you can save videos, gifs and images from WhatsApp Status on iPhone and Android. You can use the file to create a status on your WhatsApp.
And those are some of the ways you can download or download someone else’s WhatsApp status on an Android or iOS device without asking for it. Hopefully this article was useful for you and good luck. 🙂