How to Change Language in the Latest Google Chrome 2020 – I noticed that Google Chrome is one of the most feature-packed web browsers and has some of the most useful features you would want in a browser. When you use Chrome then you can enable more Chrome features using Chrome extensions and Chrome Flags. This too is best browser and the most widely used by Indonesian users, I can see it from my blog statistics where the most visitors who visit my blog site they use Chrome, and it looks very dominating and far from Mozilla users.
Another great thing about Google Chrome is that it supports more than 100 languages and it’s pretty awesome. This allows Chrome users to use the browser in any regional language and makes it easy to use this web browser made by Google. In this article, I will show you how to change the language in Google Chrome so that you can enjoy using Google chrome in your own language.
How to Change Language in Google Chrome (2020)
There are different ways to change the language in Google Chrome and they vary depending on the platform you are using Chrome on. So, I will discuss how to change Chrome language on smartphone devices and desktop PCs.
Supported Languages in Google Chrome
Before we dive into this tutorial, let’s take a quick look at the languages Google Chrome supports. As mentioned above, there are more than 100 languages currently supported by Google Chrome. They include English, Indonesian, Spanish, French, Ductch, Danish, Javanese, African, Arabic, Bulgarian, Bengali, Chinese, Japanese, Irish, Italian, Russian, Samoan, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Korean, Latin, and many more . You can see the full list of supported languages in the image below.
How to Change Language in Google Chrome (Windows, Linux and Chrome OS)
1. Open your Google Chrome browser and Click on the 3 dots Ξ menu in the top right corner and open the menu Settings.
2. On the left click the menu Advanced to expand the menu. After that, click Languages.
3. Open the tab “Language“And click”Add Languages“.
4. Search for the language you want to use in Google Chrome, for a faster search, please type the country name. For example “Indonesia”. After that, click the button Add.
5. After that, click on the 3-dot menu Ξ next to your preferred language and check “Display Google Chrome in this language“.
6. After that, click the “Relaunch“To see the changes that occur.
7. Open the Language setting again and click “Move to UpNext to your preferred language. Now you have successfully changed Chrome language including UI and overall settings.
How to Change Language in Google Chrome on macOS
Unfortunately, you can’t change the language of Google Chrome separately on macOS. You have to change the system language first in the OS and only then Google Chrome will run in your preferred language. So to change Chrome’s default language on macOS, follow these steps.
1. Open System Preferences and navigate to Languages and Regional.
2. Here, click on the + button in the lower left corner to add your choice of language.
3. After that, select the language you want and click the button “Add“.
4. After that, you will be asked if you want to set the new language as the default language for the OS. and click the button “Use it”. And Restart Your macOS.
5. Now open Google Chrome and you will see the language has changed according to your preference.
How to Change Language in Google Chrome on Android
Similar to macOS, you need to change the system language on Android to change the default Chrome language. This means that changing the system language will affect all apps (not just Google Chrome) as well as your settings.
1. Open Settings on your Android device and scroll down to the section System. Next, tap “Language and Input“.
2. Here, tap Language and then tap “Add Language“. Now select your preferred language from the list.
3. After that, move the selected language upwards by dragging the hamburger icon Ξ on the right side.
4. Now open Chrome on your Android smartphone and you will see the application in your chosen language.
How to Change Language in Google Chrome on iPhone
Also on iOS you cannot change the language of Google Chrome without changing the system language, this is the same as on Android and MacOS. Here are the steps for changing the system language which will eventually force Google Chrome to run in your preferred language.
1. Open Settings and navigate to General. Now scroll down and tap it Language and Regional.
2. After that, open it iPhone Language to select your preferred language.
3. Next, accept the request to change the language iPhone. Now open Chrome and you will have a browser in your choice of language.
Chrome is a very powerful web browser and I personally love it. There are some Chrome features which are quite underrated and support for multiple languages is one of them. If you want to use Chrome in your local language, go ahead and use it. This works perfectly. Lastly, if you liked the article or you have any suggestions for us you can let me know in the comments section below.