How to Restore Contacts on iPhone iOS from iCloud – Contacts is a collection of lists of very important phone numbers stored on both your smartphone and any device, keeping your contacts safe will help you stay connected and not lose all the contact lists of all your friends, family members and colleagues. However, I often come across cases where many people forget to back up or backup their contact lists and at some point they lose all their contact lists.
Losing this contact list can occur due to various things and reasons such as deleting contacts because the smartphone has a virus, accidentally resetting the cellphone or due to loss cellphone smartphone they. Fortunately, for you smartphone users made by Apple, namely iPhone iOS, all your contacts can be backed up or backed up to iCloud, and you can easily restore them to your smartphone device when you lose contacts. The same thing you can do on an Android smartphone. But specifically in this article I will focus on discussing backup and restore contacts on iOS iPhone.
Previously, restore or restore contact list had to connect your apple device to PC or Mac running iTunes and restore contact backup using iTunes. But now, you can do that with iCloud and it’s a lot easier than before. If you are an iPhone / iPad / Mac user, your device might automatically back up or backup your contact list to iCloud.
How to Check If Your Contacts Are Supported by iCloud
The first step to restore or restore contact list on your iPhone is to check whether your contact list is really backed up to iCloud or not. To see this, follow the steps below:
- Open your best web browser and access the site iCloud.com. Enter your Apple ID credentials, and click the arrow to log in.
- After you have successfully logged in, you will see several menus as shown below and click the “Contact” icon.
- Here, if you see a list of all the contacts you have on your iOS device, you’re in luck, because your contacts are automatically backed up to iCloud and you can restore or restore them to your iPhone or other device anytime you want.
How to Restore iPhone Contacts on iOS
Follow the steps below to restore or restore your contact list to your iPhone device:
- Go to the iCloud homepage.
- Click “Account Settings” just below the congratulations and your profile photo.
- Here, you will see some of your apple devices which are connected with your iCloud account. Please select the “Restore Contacts” menu under the Advanced section at the bottom of the page. A pop-up menu will open.
- You will see many archives from your contact list backed up to iCloud. You can choose a backup date / version to restore to your Apple device.
- After you restore your contact list from iCloud, all the contacts that are on your apple device will be automatically deleted. You will also get a warning to confirm the restore process. Just click “Restore” and the process of restoring your contacts will be completed automatically in a few minutes.
- After the restoration process is complete, iCloud will automatically create a new backup from the archive. Click “Done” to exit.
And that’s an easy way to restore lost contacts to iPhone and all apple devices that use iCloud, it means that every device you use to sync your iCloud account will be restored with the Contacts backup. This iCloud feature allows you to restore or restore contacts on all your devices in a few minutes.