How to Find or See the IMEI Number Without HP – Are you currently losing your cellphone? Then you can find your device or even lock it using the IMEI number. This number is embedded in every device, and with this, it becomes easy to identify the smartphone. There are several ways to check the IMEI of your Mobile device. For example, by typing
*#06# from the phone button on the HP or you can enter the device information from the settings menu. Meanwhile, iOS users can get it through iTunes.
But what if you are in a different situation, namely losing your cellphone without knowing the IMEI number of your cellphone? Of course this can be very frustrating, but you don’t need to worry. Because in this article, you can find or see the IMEI number of your cellphone without a cellphone or cellphone physically existing in just a few steps. Here I will give two methods for Android and iPhone where both OS or operating system as the ruler in the world of smartphone devices today. So let’s get started.
What is the IMEI Number?
Most of you probably know about IMEI, but if you are new to this term then let me explain what is IMEI. IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. This is a 15 digit number provided for each device or smart phone (smartphone). And each unique and specific number is only for one device. Not only that, most electronic devices that have wireless connection capability will have this number which is impossible to change. And that is what makes the IMEI the unique number of every HP device around the world.
Why is the IMEI number so important?
The IMEI number is very important because it can be very helpful if you lose your mobile device. Since this number is specific to one device only, it can be used to track a lost device or find out its location. With the help of the IMEI number, your Mobile manufacturer can block the device completely or erase all data from it. So, if someone finds your cellphone, they will no longer be able to operate it and your data can be safe because it cannot be accessed by other people who might be used for irresponsible things.
It can also help if you buy a used device. With IMEI, you can check if the device is genuine, stolen, or just a copy of another device.
Method To Find IMEI Number Without Cellphone
No matter what device you operate, whether it is Android or iPhone, you can find the IMEI number for both mobile devices even if you are not holding the device itself. For Android, you can use “Google Find My Device”. And for iPhones, you can find them using your Apple account.
Before starting, remember you can find the IMEI details of your lost device using the Google account that you use on your smartphone or smartphone.
- Open a web browser on your PC and then visit Google Find My Device.
- Here you can log in using the same Google account credentials that you use on your cellphone or even easier is to use the email you use for your cellphone.
- After successfully logging in, you will be able to see all devices connected to this Google account and find devices using Find My Device. To get your mobile IMEI number, simply click on the information icon right next to the name of the smartphone.
- Then a small tab will appear where you will see the Device Information where the IMEI number is mentioned. In addition, you will see the date when the device was registered and the last time the device was operated.
In addition, you can use Google Find My Device to track your mobile device, get its location, lock the device or erase all data from your phone from it.
However, the feature for finding this device can be tracked by Google Find My Device when you also activate the Find My Device feature in your smartphone settings.
The way : Entered into Settings → Security & Location → Find My Device, change it to the “ON” position.
Similarly, for iPhones, you’ll need the Apple ID credentials or account used on the desired iOS device.
- Open the Apple website using any browser and then sign in using the Apple ID for the desired device.
- Once you are logged in, scroll down to the “Devices” section and there you will see all the devices registered with your Apple account.
- Select a device and it will give you the information which includes the IMEI number of your iPhone mobile device.
Apart from the methods mentioned above, there are several other alternatives. This method applies to Android and iOS phones. So let’s learn more.
- If you keep a box or pack (box book) from the HP device that you have purchased then it can be very helpful. Because the cellphone box also contains the IMEI number of your mobile device. Also, chances are you can find the IMEI number in the manual as most user manuals also have an IMEI written somewhere.
- If you do not have the cellphone box or box of the book, or maybe you have bought it online without the original cellphone packaging, then you can contact the seller. Usually they still keep the purchase details, where you can also see the IMEI sticker.
- Lastly, if you are using a postpaid network on a lost device, then you can check the bill for the network where they provide the device details along with the IMEI number.
Risks of Sharing IMEI?
Though the IMEI number seems useful. But there may be cases where a third person can take advantage if they know the IMEI number of your Mobile device. They can clone IMEIs for other devices, completely lock your smartphone, or even steal your data if they also get your SIM card number. So always be careful and don’t share the IMEI number of your HP smartphone with strangers or online with untrusted websites.
This is a method to find or view the IMEI number for any HP smartphone without the HP device in your hands. Good luck for you too, and always remember to keep the Google and Apple account credentials you use on your HP Smartphone safe. This way you can easily find the info on your mobile device using the linked account that was signed in with the lost device.
And those are some of the methods you can use to find or view the IMEI number without your cellphone, I hope this article is useful for you and good luck. 🙂