How to Register Your Business to Google My Business – Everyone certainly wants their business to be more advanced, one of the efforts that can be done is by carrying out promotions so that the business grows. In addition, advertising is also a way to introduce your business to many people. Not only that, branding also needs to be done so that prospective buyers can easily remember your business name and are interested in buying the product being sold.
Before doing a promotion it is better to plan in advance. Starting from determining the goals, target market, the advantages of the products you sell, and so on. Promotion really determines the success of the business you run. Failed promotions, it is likely that your business will also fail. Various means of promotion can be implemented either by paying (advertising on social media) or free of charge (through personal web, banners, banners, and so on.
Both methods have their respective advantages and disadvantages. Doing paid promotions, such as through FB Ads or Google AdWords, your customers will become more targeted so that they have the opportunity to get repeat orders as long as the products being sold are continuously improved. But unfortunately, this method requires a lot of capital so that many people think again about doing it. Then what about free promotions? Is it as effective as a paid promotion?
In a free promotion it is clear, the expenditure or capital that you spend becomes much less. This makes the profits from the business being run much greater. But we must be observant and careful in carrying out this one promotional technique. Don’t get the wrong target or target so that it makes your business product difficult to sell. But you know, there are ways to promote the business that we run through the Google My Business service. What is the service like?
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is one of the services provided by Google for those of you who have a business and want to be marketed online. Google My Business makes it easier for you to find customers. Google My Business or also called Google My Business will display information about schedules, locations, and contacts or points of contact about your business.
Why does the location need to be displayed? This is useful so that prospective buyers or customers find it easier to find a place for you to sell. In addition, later your Google My Business account can appear on the Google search engine so that it has a great opportunity to get lots of visitors and even buyers. Just how do you beautify the appearance of the account later after registering.
How to Register for Google My Business
To create a Google My Business account, you are required to have a Google account first. For those of you who don’t have it, please make it first. I am sure readers understand very well how to make it, so I don’t need to explain it again in this article. I immediately focused on explaining the creation of a Google my business account. How to make? The following is the explanation:
1. Log in first to your Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, you can create one first by creating a Gmail email, because one Google account is for all services. (How to Create Email in Gmail with Computers and HP Smartphones).
2. The second step is to visit Google My Business. and click the blue “Manage Now” button.
3. Register for Google My Business by filling in your complete business information. There will be several steps you must complete which contain several questions such as the following:
- What’s your business name? (Enter your business name)
- Choose Your Business Category? (Choose the category that best fits your business)
- Add Your Business Location Address? (Click Yes, For Google to add Maps)
- Where is your business located? (Fill with Country)
- Where do you serve customers? (Fill in City and Province)
- Enter Contact Details? (Fill in telephone number and website address if any)
4. After you fill in the questions as above, you can fill in your full address for business verification purposes. Because Google will send a verification code via Postal delivery, and this address will not be displayed in Google My Business.
5. Now the registration process is complete and you will be taken to the Google My Business dashboard page. It is on this page that you can do many things such as adding hours of work (opening and closing) to your shop or business. Add other important information as well as photos.
Google My Business verification
As I explained above in point 4, you will receive a verification code which will be sent by mail. When you have received it, you can verify your Google My business account and get the following benefits:
- Let new customers find you across Google
- Create promotional posts
- Track business analytics
- Respond to customer reviews
Postcards from Google will be sent in approximately 12 days. And what you need to know, during the delivery period, you do not change the address information until the card actually arrives at your house.
After the letter arrives, you need to do the following:
- Log in to your Google My Business account
- Select “Verify Now” on the dashboard or go to the “Manage Location” menu
- Click the blue enter button
- Enter the verification code consisting of 5 digits then click “Submit”
After that you will get a notification that your business profile has been verified. Google will open a new window with details of your business. Check the box next to “I am authorized to manage this business and I agree to the Terms of Service” then click continue.
Congratulations, your Google My Business account has been successfully verified.
Is it enough to end here? Certainly not. You still need to update the Google My Business account. This is so that visitors do not think the business you are running is dead or not growing. You can also create a short 300 word post. This post is more or less the same as Facebook or Twitter status. You can use this feature to promote products, events or other content to visitors. To display photos, make sure you use photos that attract the attention of many people. In addition, images or photos must also have a resolution of 250 x 250. Meanwhile, for the cover image, the ideal resolution is 1080 x 608.
In addition, visitors can also provide a review of the business or business that you are running. How is the service, price, product quality, and so on. Of course this is an evaluation material to make your business better. After all, in a business or business, customer satisfaction is something that should not be ignored. Therefore, Google helps us to market it through Google My Business. Do you already have it? If not, let’s register immediately for the success of your business.