How to Create a Simple Shop in WordPress with Simple PayPal Shopping Cart – WordPress is a web platform that can be used for various needs and even to create a professional online store with very complete features. You can easily create an online store with WordPress, there are many choices of plugins that you can use such as WooCommerce, eStore, WP eCommerce and many more.
All of the plugins that I mentioned above are very complex plugins with full features which are specifically for users who want to create an online store with a large scale of products with various kinds of goods, and besides that, more knowledge is needed to use it.
But what if you just want to easily sell a few products on your website or blog, for example, if you only want to sell digital goods such as eBooks, services, advertisements or physical goods like t-shirts with only a few items? Is it necessary for create an online shop which is complex with features by using plugins like WooCommerce? Of course the answer is no. Since you can use a simple plugin to sell some of your products with ease and setup is very fast, you can use the Simple PayPal Shopping Cart WordPress plugin.
What is the WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart?
WordPress Simple Paypal Shopping Cart is a free WordPress plugin that allows you to attach an “Add to Cart” button to your product to any post or page on your site. As the name suggests, this plugin is really simple and can change your website or blog to have the features of a basic eCommerce site or online store and of course to use this plugin you can only implement the payment system using PayPal.
This plugin is developed by Tips and Trick HQ and is completely free for WordPress users who want to sell multiple items easily and quickly but still have an automatic sales order process and the plugin can also display shopping carts in various places of your website. as in posts, pages and sidebars as well eCommerce plugin another great. In addition, this plugin is only very small in size so it will not weigh your website down when loaded.
With this free WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart plugin you will get tons of features that make it easier for you to sell your products using PayPal.
- Easily create an “Add to Cart” button with additional options if needed (price, shipping, variety of options).
- Cart shortcodes can be displayed on posts or pages.
- Has the ability to add a dynamic “add to cart” button directly in your theme.
- The configuration items are very simple and minimalistic to keep the plugin light.
- Can be used to sell any product from your website.
- Ability to sell services from your website.
- It can be used to sell all types of media files that you upload to your WordPress site. For example: You can sell ebooks (PDF), music files (MP3), audio files, videos, photos, images etc.
- Customers who purchase will automatically get an email with the media files they paid for.
- Easily display product display boxes in a great format using a simple shortcode.
- You can use the Paypal sandbox to test if needed (before your store goes live).
- Collect specific instructions from your customers on the PayPal checkout page.
- The order menu will show you all the orders that you have received from your site.
- Ability to configure the email that will be sent to your buyers after they have purchased your product.
- Ability to configure sales notification emails that are sent to site admin when a customer purchases your product.
- Ability to set discount coupons. Offer a special discount in your shop / product.
- You can create coupons and give them to your customers. When they use a coupon during checkout they will receive a discount.
- Create discount coupons with expiration dates. The coupon code will expire automatically after the date you set.
- Compatible with WordPress Multi-site Installation.
- Ability to specify the SKU (item number) for each of your products in the shortcode.
- Ability to customize the add to cart button image and use a custom image for your purchase button.
- Track coupons by order to see which customer used the coupon code.
- Ability to add a compact shopping cart to your site using a shortcode.
- Ability to display shopping carts accompanied by product image thumbnails.
- Ability to use custom checkout page styles.
- Ability to open a checkout page in a new browser tab / window.
- Ability to use the TinyMCE shortcode injecter to add shortcodes to your posts / pages.
- Works well with responsive WordPress themes.
- Can be translated into any language.
- and much more …
How to Use WordPress Simple Paypal Shopping Cart
To start creating a simple shop on your WordPress site, feel free to install a plugin WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart from your WordPress dashboard. Please read the complete guide on how to install a WordPress plugin.
After your plugin is activated, you will see two new menu items added with the name “Cart Order” and one of which becomes a sub menu under the Settings menu with the name “WP Shopping Cart”. Please go to the “WP Shopping Cart” menu to configure the plugin.
On the plugin’s settings page you will see several tab menus which contain very simple plugin settings. In the “General Settings” the most important thing you have to adjust is to fill in the address and currency that matches your PayPal account. In addition, you can also change the text that appears on your shopping cart.
Standard shipping costs can be added to the item. You can also offer free shipping to orders for a fee.
You can return customers to a specific page after they have completed their purchase. You can also create custom product pages that list all of your items for sale. This page can be linked from your shopping cart widget.
For checkout shortcodes can be entered in any post or page. You can put directly under the item you are selling or put a shopping cart shortcode on a special page. You can then choose to redirect customers to that page whenever a customer adds an item to their cart.
Customized notes can also be shown to buyers via PayPal and you can order your checkout page using certain CSS classes. If you want to open an affiliate program for your customers, you can also use this plugin to integrate with the WP Affiliate Platform plugin made by HQ tips and tricks.
Settings for debugging testing and sandboxing are also available to help you test that you have configured PayPal correctly.
In the menu tab “Email Settings”, you can customize the email sent to buyers after purchase. The e-mail address, e-mail subject, and e-mail body can all be changed according to your wishes. There are several email tags that have been provided to display information from sales that you can use in the body of the email.
You can also send yourself a confirmation email whenever someone purchases your product. This notification email will ensure you always know when a sale has been made.
In the menu tab “Coupons / Discounts” you can use this setting if you want to run promotions on your products or offer a discount to return customers. To add a coupon, all you need to do is specify a coupon code, the value of the discount you are providing, and the expiration date of the coupon. To give this discount you can only give a discount in the form of a percent of the total price of your product and not a fixed value in currency.
On the menu tan “Tools” There is a button to export all order data which you can save in the form of an excel CSV file.
If the settings page has finished you configuration, now let’s continue to use this plugin to display your product. You can see at the top of the General Settings page, you will find a quick user guide for using this PayPal Shopping Cart plugin.
The site displays two shortcodes where the first Shortcode is
[wp_cart_button]. You can use the name and price attributes with this shortcode to add an item to a post or page. For example, I want to sell a WordPress Tutorial eBook, I can use a shortcode like the following
[wp_cart_button name = "eBook Tutorial WordPress" price = "10"].
The second shortcode is
show_wp_shopping_cart. Add this shortcode to your page to display your shopping cart or shopping cart. This code will only be displayed when a visitor has added an item to their shopping cart, so it will remain hidden as long as there are no items added. Below is an example when I add both shortcodes to one post.
And this is a product display with the “Add to Cart” button and a shopping cart that appears after the “Add to Cart” button is clicked.
Or there is another option if you don’t want to show the shopping cart on posts or pages, you can display it using a widget. If you sell multiple items on your website on unique pages, you may find it more practical to display a shopping cart on a sidebar on your website.
WordPress Simple Paypal Shopping Cart is a practical solution for WordPress users who want to sell several products whether digital products, services or physical goods to their website in a very simple way using the PayPal payment system. This free plugin can be an option for you if you are looking for a way to sell products with PayPal, but if you want to find a feature-rich plugin for an online store then you can use WooCommerce or the eStore made by tipsandtrick-hq which is also the creator of this Simple PayPal Cart WordPress plugin.
That’s my complete review of the Simple Paypal Shopping Cart WordPress Plugin, I hope this article is useful for you and good luck. 🙂
Do you need a PayPal verification service with a cheap VCC? If yes, then verandalounge can help you, see Cheap VCC service center, click here → Cheap VCC Center click.