Create a Q&A forum in WordPress. WordPress is a platform for creating websites that have tons of plugins that you can use to build any type of site, so if you want to create a site with the support of the Q&A feature, then you can still create it with WordPress.
You also know that tech giants like Google and Yahoo also have Q&A sites. Google Q&A Site with its Name Google Answer and Yahoo with Yahoo Answer. If you use WordPress, please use the DW Question & Answer plugin, the DW QA plugin is a WordPress plugin that helps you build a site that has a Q&A forum system on your WordPress site. This plugin is very easy to install and setup.
How to Create a Question and Answer Forum with DW Question & Answer
The first step you need to do is install and activate the plugins DW Question & Answer. After you activate the plugin, there will automatically be a new menu in your WordPress admin with the name DW Q&A.
You should add a category first before making a Question or question, this is so that your forum is neatly organized and visitors can easily group their questions on the right topic. To do so, click Question Category »Add New. By default, after installing this plugin, there is a category called Questions.
DW Q&A Settings: This menu is used to make the overall settings of the forum. There are 3 menus that you can set, namely: General, Notification and Permission. for general you can set how many lists are displayed, and you can control whether the question is private or public.
Email notification settings
This plugin allows you to set notification emails sent to Admin and Users regarding new questions, answers and comments.
There are 7 email templates provided:
- New Question Notifications: sends to the Administrator the newly posted questions
- New Answer Notifications: send author Questions regarding newly posted answers
- New Comment to Question Notification: Submit Question authors regarding new comments for posted questions
- New Comment to Answer Notification: send author Questions regarding new comments for posted answers.
- New Answer Notification (To Followers): sends to Followers about newly posted answers.
- New Comment to Question Notification (to Followers): send to Followers about new comments for posted questions.
- New Comment to Answer Notification (to Followers): send to Followers about new comments for posted answers.
Next Create a new question by clicking Add Question, you can type in the title and content of the question, after that you can select a category and set the status, there are 5 statuses: Open, Pending, Resolved, Re-Open and Closed.
Displaying the Forum on the site, for this step you just have to go to the Appearance menu »And select page, add two new default pages from DW QA that have been added automatically during install, namely: Pages DWQA Ask Question and DWQA Questions. After you add the two pages to the menu, now look at your website, and click on the menu, it will display a question and answer forum as shown below.
- All: Displays a list of all questions sorted by date posted, number of votes or views.
- Need Answer: Questions that don’t have any answers or questions that have new comments.
- Answered: Questions that have posted answers.
- Resolved: Questions marked as completed or Best Answer obtained.
- Closed: Questions marked as Closed and can no longer be edited.
- Overdue: Give a 24 hour time frame, Questions that are more than 24 hours without an answer will be put under this status.
- Pending Reviews: Questions that have a star Draft comments or answers.
- New Comment: Questions with recent comments.
Hopefully the tutorial articles above can help you in building a Q&A site on WordPress. 🙂