How to Create and Install Google Forms in WordPress – If you want to create online forms for various needs such as contact forms, quizzes, surveys, registration forms and much more, then you can easily create them using a Google service called Google Form.
This Google Forms service is a free service that has many benefits for you and can be easily installed on your WordPress site. In WordPress you can also create various forms using plugins such as Contact Form7 or WPForm and other similar plugins, but if you don’t want to use plugins then the solution you can use is to use Google Forms. Google forms are fairly easy to customize on the go as well as on a WordPress site. However, you still need to follow certain steps in order for Google Forms to be successful to be installed on your WordPress site.
Before we start discussing the steps for installing Google Forms into WordPress. It’s a good idea to understand Google Forms in advance and how they help.
What is Google Forms?
Google Forms is a Google service that serves to create various kinds of online forms for free. Google Forms helps you create forms such as forms for surveys, questionnaires, quizzes, polls, registrations, events, order forms and many more. By using Google Forms, you can also grow your business by collecting email addresses to subscribe to newsletters and take advantage of the responses received from your users.
To use this Google Forms service, you should install Google Drive on your computer or mobile device because Google Forms is one of the services provided by cloud storage service Google Drive as well as Google Documents, Google Sheets, and Google Slides services.
You can download and install Google Drive on your device for free, please download Google Drive here ⇒ Download Google Drive.
If you are familiar with the Google Drive interface and feel comfortable using it, go to the “My Drive” section and click the “New” button in the top left corner. When you see the drop-down menu, hover your mouse cursor over the “More” option, and you will see the “Google Forms” option in the sub-menu.
Why Use Google Forms?
As I mentioned at the beginning of this article, WordPress also has a variety of plugins that have the ability to create various forms such as Contact Form7 and others. And Forms created with this plugin are integrated into your WordPress site by default. You just need to activate it and start creating various forms according to the needs of your WordPress site. However, by using a plugin, all the data you get from your visitors will be stored in your WordPress database, if that data is a lot it can overload the database and affect the speed of your site.
The advantage of Google Forms besides being free is that you don’t need to use your WordPress site’s database to store data from your visitors but instead it is stored on Google Drive and this also means that the data you store is much safer if your site goes wrong. Apart from that, the forms that you create with Google Forms you can easily share on other sites.
Google Forms offers easy sharing options and the interface supports mobile. In addition, the responses you receive via Google Forms are saved directly to your Google Drive, which even allows you to add collaborators to the assignment to manage them.
Steps to Create and Install a Google Form in WordPress
1. Open “My Drive” and click the “New” button. Point the mouse cursor to the “More” option and select the “Google Forms” menu – Click “Form a Template”.
2. You will be directed to the Google Forms website, where you need to select the “Blank Form” option to create a form as you wish or you can select a ready-made form in the “Template Gallery” section.
3. After selecting the “Blank Form” option, fill in the form title and description. Start adding your form fields. If you need you can click the “Add” button, under the menu to add a new field to the form. Google Forms also gives you the option to change the question and answer types.
Click on “Multiple Choice”, drop down menu in the right corner and select the pattern of your choice. You can also add various kinds of text, videos, images and sections.
4. If the form creation is complete you can immediately click the “Send” button. You will be directed to the “send form popup” window. Click on the “Embed” tab, which looks like this “<>” and click “copy” to copy the embed code. In this section you can also set the size of the form that will be displayed on your site. And also can directly share forms to social media like Google Plus, Facebook and Twitter.
5. After you copy the “Embed HTML” code, please Paste the embed code into the post or page section of your WordPress site. And don’t forget to change your WordPress editor from Visual to Text first and paste the form embed code where you want it.
6. After that please click on the “Publish” button and now your form is ready for you to use on your WordPress site.
And that’s a guide on how to create a Google Form and how to install a google form on your WordPress site, I hope this article is useful for you and good luck. 🙂