For people who frequently use PayPal, of course, have experienced errors when sending payments. If you have sent the wrong payment from your PayPal account, for example to the wrong address or the wrong amount, you may be wondering how you can immediately cancel the already sent transaction.
While not all transactions can be canceled when submitted, in some circumstances, it may be possible to cancel a PayPal transaction. In this tutorial I will explain how a transaction that PayPal doesn’t claim can be canceled.
If the payment you sent hasn’t been ‘claimed’, this generally happens if the PayPal email you sent money doesn’t actually exist, you may have the option to cancel the payment and be refunded back without any associated fees. On the other hand, if the account holder has not confirmed their PayPal email address, you can also cancel the payment that you have sent via PayPal.
Unfortunately if the payment has been claimed, the only way you can get a refund is by contacting the account holder and requesting a refund directly from the owner.
PayPal transactions that have already been sent cannot be canceled. The only time a payment can be canceled is if it is marked as ‘Pending’ or ‘Unclaimed’.
How Can I Know if a PayPal Payment Has Been Claimed?
If you believe you have sent funds to the wrong PayPal email address, then pray if it is not the owner holding the PayPal account. You can find out whether a payment has been confirmed or not because all payments that have not been confirmed will have a notification for ‘Cancel’ or ‘Cancel’ in the transaction action column in question.
How Can I Cancel Recurring Subscription Payments?
Unlike one-time payments, you can cancel subscriptions from your PayPal account to prevent further withdrawals. For example, you may have signed up for a membership website and later decided that you were not getting value for money.
In this case you can immediately log in to your PayPal account and cancel your subscription to the website. While canceling a subscription may sound like a good idea, make sure you are prepared to give access to subscription or membership content as many websites will terminate your access after the PayPal subscription is canceled.
- Entered into “PayPal accountYou.
- Click the menu “Settings“Gir icon.
- Entered into “Account Settings“.
- Choose “Products and Services“And”Payment via website“.
- Choose “My automatic payment“And click the” buttonManage payments“And select the” buttonCancel“.
I Cannot Cancel a PayPal Transaction. How Can I Get My Money Back?
When the transaction has been completed, you must send an email to the owner of the account and ask them to return the money. Whether they return the money or not is completely up to them. If they don’t want to return the money, you can file a dispute with PayPal but if PayPal makes a decision in the favor of the account holder, the funds will still not be returned to you.
You can also choose to use the ‘Request Money’ tool to request money to be returned to your account. This way PayPal can see all interactions between the two parties if needed.
Canceling One Time PayPal Payment (Unclaimed)
If you believe that the funds that have been sent have the status of ‘unclaimed’ or “Unclaimed”, meaning that the account holder has not verified their account or the account does not exist, you can complete the following steps to cancel the payment and return the funds to your PayPal account.
- Login to account ‘PayPal‘You and click the menu’Activity‘.
- You should see a list of all the transactions that occurred recently. You must find the transaction you wish to cancel by email, name, or other means.
- Once you have found an unclaimed or pending transaction that you would like to cancel, in the column ‘Action‘, if the transaction can be canceled, you will see a button’Cancel‘. If you don’t see the option to cancel the transaction, it means the transaction has been completed and you will need to request a refund from the account holder.
- To continue canceling unclaimed transactions, simply click the ‘buttonCancel‘or’Cancel‘.
- It will ask you to confirm the transaction cancellation before proceeding. At this stage you can also select ‘Don’t Cancel‘. To cancel payment, just click ‘Cancel Payment’ to continue.
- If ‘Cancellation‘successful, you will be notified on the next step as shown in the image below.
What Happens After a PayPal Transaction is Canceled?
After you have successfully canceled the PayPal transaction, the funds will be returned and reappear in your PayPal account whether the original payment was paid by funds bank or PayPal funds. Funds must be returned immediately otherwise it will be returned within 4 days at least.
And that’s a complete explanation of how to return funds or cancel transactions that have already been sent via PayPal. I hope that every transaction you make is always done carefully so that there are no shipping errors. Because sending money via PayPal is so easy and because of that convenience it results in frequent mistakes. Hopefully this aritkel is useful for you and good luck. 🙂