Seeing the title of this article does look trivial and very easy to do, but most people find it very difficult when they want to find a way to log out, log out or sign out of Gmail account them from a smartphone device.
Indeed, it is very easy to enter or log in to a Gmail account on a computer or cellphone, but what you have to know is how to sign out of Gmail through these devices. This is important because when you are done using your Gmail account in another place like on a public computer or on someone else’s phone, you can sign out quickly, and if you can’t it can be very costly to you.
Because most Gmail accounts are used as e-mails to register for bank accounts, online shopping sites, essential applications and more. And if because you can’t Sign Out of your Gmail account, it can be used by anyone with access to that account to be able to reset your password and access your important accounts, maybe even without your knowledge.
Given how important a Gmail account is and the importance of always having the habit of Signing Out Gmail after using it, in this article I will show you a complete guide on how to sign out, sign out or logout from a Gmail account on various devices and also how to sign out Gmail remotely or it even stops the device from using your Gmail account if it is stolen or lost.
Sign Out of Gmail from the Desktop Website
When you need to log out of Gmail on your computer, you can do it in two simple steps.
- Click or tap the image in the top right corner of Gmail. It can consist of your name or an icon of your own face unless you’ve changed it to something else.
- Then click the “Sign Out” button.
If you are signed into multiple Gmail accounts at once, you can also log out of those accounts.
To log out of another account you are signed into, select that account, to switch. Then, repeat the steps above to exit.
Sign Out of Gmail from a Mobile Website
If you’re using Gmail via a mobile web browser, the steps for signing out are a little different, but still very easy.
- From Gmail.com, tap the three-line menu button ≡ or the hamburger menu in the upper-left corner of the screen (three lines arranged horizontally).
- Tap your email address at the top of the screen.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap “Sign Out”.
You can also remove the Gmail account from the list of accounts that were just logged in. After logging out, use the “Remove” button to select the account you want to remove from the page.
Sign Out of Gmail Application on Smartphone
Signing out of a Gmail account from the smartphone app requires you to delete the account from your phone or tablet. Note that this step does not delete your Gmail account, it only deletes it from your phone until you sign back in to your Gmail account.
- From the Gmail app, tap the ≡ hamburger menu at the top left.
- Tap your email address at the top, and select “Manage Account”.
- On the Manage Accounts screen, tap the “toggle” button for all the accounts that you want to delete from your smartphone device.
- Accounts can be reused for the Gmail app at any time with the same method.
Remote Sign Out of Gmail
To log out of Gmail remotely is a very good feature and indeed this kind of feature is a must have for every important account on the internet. With this remote Sign Out feature, all your Gmail accounts that are open on several devices or different places can Sign Out and your Gmail account is safe from threats.
The same screen for logging out of a web session is also useful for seeing where your account has been recently accessed from, including which apps have access to your Gmail.
- Open your Gmail account on your computer and scroll to the very bottom, more precisely under all your messages.
- Click or tap the “Details” link at the bottom right. It’s right next to the sentence that reads “Last account activity:.”
- Click the “Sign out all other web sessions” button from the pop-up window that appears.
Pay attention to these facts about logging out of your account from the last account activity page:
- You will not log out of the current session you are using to access this option.
- This doesn’t do anything to your Gmail password, so if other users have access to your account because they know your password or it’s stored in their browser, and that’s why you’re signed out, the only way to make sure they don’t. login to your account again is to change your Gmail password.
- Email client connected via IMAP will not be signed out. For example, if you are logged in via the Gmail mobile app as well, you will still be in a Logged In state.
Revoke Access to your Google Account
There is no way to log out of Gmail using the main account on Android. However, from the recently used devices area of your Google account, you can prevent devices from accessing your entire Google account, including your Gmail, which is useful if you lose your device or forget to log out of a device for which you no longer have access to your account. Your Gmail.
- From a computer, log into your Gmail account.
- Click or tap your Google profile picture near the top right corner of the page.
- Click / Tap “Google Account”.
- Find the “Security” section.
- Scroll down from “Your Device”.
- Go to “Manage Device”.
- Click or tap the entry for the device you want to block from accessing your Gmail account.
- Next to the Account access point, select the red “REMOVE” button.
- Click “Remove” again in the popup window to confirm.
And that’s the complete guide on how to Sign out, log out or Logout from your Gmail account on various devices, applications and browsers. Hopefully this article was useful for you and your Gmail account is always safe. 🙂