How to Edit the Yoast robots.txt and .htaccess WordPress SEO users – If you are an experienced webmaster or blogger, of course you will be very familiar with the robots.txt and .htaccess files, where both files are very important in one of the website components. If you are a WordPress user, of course, you will often see tutorials about using the two files. There are also various ways to create and edit the two files.
If you are a loyal plugin user WordPress SEO by Yoast, it will be very easy to create and edit robots.txt files and .htaccess files without the need to enter the file hosting manager where you save your site files, and also no need to install plugins to only edit the two files. In this article, I will provide a tutorial for creating or editing robots.txt and .htaccess files specifically for Yoast SEO plugin users.
Create and Edit Yoast Robots.txt and .htaccess Files
1. Of course you have installed and activated the SEO by Yoast plugin, if you don’t know how you can see my tutorial in the following article: How to Install and Settings SEO Plugin by Yoast
2. After you activate the Yoast SEO plugin, there will be a new menu in your WordPress admin sidebar with the name SEO, and please go to the SEO »Tools menu.
3. Click File Editor (note: this menu will not appear if you disable or disable the editing feature of WordPress disable file editing, Please activate it first).
4. If you have never created a robots.txt file, there will be a create robots.txt menu, but if you have already made it, the filet editor column will appear as shown below.
5. Edit the robots.txt or .htaccess file according to what you want then click the Save changes button under the editor area.
The following is a tutorial on how to create and edit robots.txt and .htaccess files in the SEO by Yoast plugin, with the method above, of course you won’t have to bother installing other plugins or logging into your hosting. Hope it is useful. 🙂