How to Disable and Enable Search Suggestion in Mozilla Firefox – The new version of Mozilla Firefox brings a new feature, namely Search Suggestion, this new feature provides search suggestions to find common phrases that are widely used by other people when typing search keywords. The search suggestions offered are not from mozilla firefox but results from search engines (such as Google, Yahoo, etc.). Firefox only takes search suggestions from search engines, and displays a list to help you select search phrases that have been used by many other users around the world before.
This new feature is of course very useful for users browser mozilla firefox in helping provide search ideas, because it will appear automatically when we type the first word. But for some mozilla firefox users it even annoys with this feature. In this article I will provide a brief tutorial on how to disable and enable the search suggestion feature in Mozilla Firefox:
Enable or Disable Search Suggestion firefox
Through the Search bar
To activate or deactivate search suggestion via the Search bar:
- Right click on the Search Bar.
- If the “Show Suggestions” menu is checked, it means that the search suggestion feature has been activated. If you want to disable this feature you can just click again to remove the check mark.
Through the Search Engine Manager
To enable or disable search suggestions via Search Engine Manager:
- Click on the menu bar button or striped menu in the upper right corner, then click Options on the menu bar.
- Click on the Search menu.
- Check the menu Provide Search Suggestions to activate or uncheck the menu if you want to disable search suggestions in the Search bar.
Using Search Suggestion
To use Search Suggestion, simply type in the search bar and Firefox will display a list of search suggestions from your default search engine sorted in descending order of relevance.
To select a search term from the suggestions, click on it. Or, use the up and down keys to navigate through the list, and press Enter when the suggestion you want is highlighted.
Above is a short tutorial on using the search suggestion feature or search suggestions from Mozilla Firefox, if you feel helped by the new Firefox feature, please activate it and if not, you can also disable the feature according to the guide above. Hopefully this is useful 🙂