How to Register and Install Google Analytics [Terbaru] – If you are a new blogger who has a blog and would like to have a tool to display detailed reports about your blog site visitors then you should know about Google’s powerful tool called Google Analytics.
Google Analytics is a website tracking tool for measuring visitor traffic with comprehensive reports and it is a very accurate tracking tool as well. There are so many benefits that you can get by using this Google-owned tracking tool.
In this article, I will post about the reasons why you should use Google Analytics and also how to create an account and install the Google Analytics code on your website or blog.
Why Should You Use Google Analytics?
If you have a personal blog or even you have a website for business but you don’t have sophisticated tracking tools then you should use Google Analytics. Here are some of the things you can get when installing and using Google Analytics for your website or blog:
- Can find out the number of people who visited the website.
- Can find out where visitors come from.
- Can find out the number, origin, pages visited and much more live.
- Be able to find out which sites are sending traffic to your website
- Be able to find out the marketing tactics that drive traffic to your website
- Can see the most popular pages
- Can view daily, weekly, monthly and yearly reports in full
The above are some of the main things you can get when using Google Analytics, but of course what I have mentioned above is only a small part, you can still get other important things in Google Analytics to view your website reports.
And now, please continue reading for how to register for a Google Analytics account on your website below.
How to Register for Google Analytics
First, to create a Google Analytics account, you should create an email account owned by Google, namely Gmail. If you already have a gmail account, please access the Google Analytics website here.
You will see a google account login page, please enter your email address and password.
After successfully logging in, you will be taken to a page with three steps that you must take to set up Google Analytics.
After you click the button Sign Up, You will fill in the information for your website under “Setting up your account”.
Google Analytics offers a hierarchy to organize your account. You can have up to 100 Google Analytics accounts under one Google account. You can have up to 50 site properties under one Google Analytics account. And you can have up to 25 views under one site property.
Here are a few scenarios.
- Scenario 1: If you have one website, you only need one Google Analytics account with one site property.
- Scenario 2: If you have two websites, such as one for your business and one for your personal use, you may want to create two accounts, naming one “Business” and one “Personal”. Then you will create your business website under the Business account and your personal website under the Personal account.
- Scenario 3: If you have multiple businesses, but less than 50, and each have one website, you may want to place them all under a Business account. Then have a personal account for your personal site.
- Scenario 4: If you have several businesses and each of them has dozens of websites, totaling more than 50 websites, you may want to put each business under its own account, such as a Business account, Business2 account, and so on.
The above are a few explanations of the hierarchies you can use. You can make it simple and simple and if one day you want to create a hierarchy for your Google Analytics account, you can easily set it up at a later date. And just skip the explanation above, you go straight to the steps below.
After you fill in all the information requested by Google Analytics as above, you will see a screen like the one below.
Please click the “Get Tracking ID” button to get the ID code to be placed on your website.
Installing Google Analytics Tracking Code
Once you are done, you will click the “Get Tracking ID” button. You will get a Google Analytics terms and conditions popup, to which you have to agree. Then you will get your Google Analytics code.
You can see the image that I checked above, where there are 2 that you can use only one. And so that your website starts being tracked by Google Analytics, you must enter the code on your website.
Because I am a WordPress user and I installed the All in One SEO SEO plugin, I just need to copy the code that I marked in red at the top and then put it in the All in One SEO settings section right in the Google Analytics column. Likewise with users SEO by Yoast There is also a place to put the Google Analytics code in the plugin’s settings section.
For those of you who want to use the bottom code script, then you have to look for the header.php file in the WordPress theme you are using. After that, copy the script and paste it in the part before the closing tag
Above is a complete explanation of Google Analytics, how to get the tracking code and install the Google Analytics code for your blog or website. I’ve also written articles about How to Delete a Website Google Analytics Account. Good luck and good luck. 🙂