How to Clone a Laptop Hard Drive to Another Hard Drive with AOMEI Backupper 5.5 – Why do we need to clone the hard drive laptopThis is usually done with the aim of upgrading our old hard drive to a new one or replacing our small capacity hard drive with a larger capacity hard drive. How to clone a laptop hard drive in the easiest way?
I recommend you to use AOMEI Backupper Standard, AOMEI Backupper Standard is software backup program free and cloning software that provides Disk Clone and Partition Clone for free. In cloning a laptop hard drive to an SSD hard drive, this software allows alignment of 4K partitions, which are used to improve SSD performance. You can also clone a hard drive to a smaller SSD. Now AOMEI Backupper 5.5 has been released!
AOMEI Provides the easiest backup service and is used by around 20,000,000 users worldwide, and also the AOMEI Partner Program is supported by more than 60,000 partners worldwide.
AOMEI has three main products:
- Hot Backup software – AOMEI Backupper
- Partition management software -AOMEI Partition Assistant
- One click system backup and restore – AOMEI OneKey Recovery
- Added setting: Set when to operate the USB show task after inserting the USB device.
- Added function: Restores or clones GPT disks with more than three partitions to MBR disks.
- Added function: Double click the image file to browse to the image.
- Added functionn: Continue to perform additional backups, differential backups, or full backups of the original task after restoring disks or partitions.
- Fixed issue: Partitions without drive letters will be assigned with drive letters after disk restore.
- Fixed issue: “Out of space (code: 214)” error occurs during the process of restoring / cloning one disk to another of the same size.
- Fixed issue: Error “Failed to resize partition, (code: 4120)” occurred during disk restore / cloning.
- Fixed issue: Error “Insufficient storage space, (code: 4120)” occurred during the restore process to a disk smaller than the source disk.
- Fixed issue: An error occurred while browsing partitions without drive letters in the backup image. Optimizes file backup and file sync speed.
How to Clone a Laptop Hard Drive to Another Hard Drive with AOMEI Backupper 5.5
Step 1: Connect the new HDD to your laptop via USB cable. Download, install, and open the laptop disk clone software on your laptop. Click Clone → Disk Clone.
Step 2: Select Source disk on your laptop and click the “Next” button.
Step 3: Select Destination disk. And click the “Next” button.
Step 4: Confirm the operation and then click the button Start Clone.
Step 5: Disconnect the second hard drive when done. Shut down your laptop and remove all peripherals. Remove the battery and replace the old hard drive with a new one. You may need a screwdriver (plus or minus) or a special screwdriver to open your laptop.
Step 6: Put everything as before and turn on your laptop. Your laptop will run as usual with the same contents as the previous hard drive.
And congratulations now that your laptop is using a new hard drive which contains the exact same software as your old hard drive. Now you have finished cloning your laptop hard drive using AOMEI Backupper Standard quickly and easily.
AOMEI Backupper is free backup software which offers a backup & restore solution. With the help of a bootable USB drive, all data can be transferred safely and successfully. AOMEI Backupper is also a backup and restore software. You can use it for system backups, backup partitions, backup files, and disks. Download AOMEI Backupper and use it for any occasion requiring backup and cloning.