ARVE ~ The Best Plugin for Embed Video in WordPress – Since YouTube was taken over by Google, YouTube has grown very rapidly and become a booming world wide. Anyone can make videos and upload videos on YouTube for free and can also make money from advertising through YouTube videos. However, because so many people are mengupload videos on YouTube makes the competition even more difficult, getting viewers and subscribers is also not easy if you don’t create really good video content. But be lucky if you have a website or blog because you can use your website or blog to increase the viewers and subscribers of your channel.
Embedding videos in your blog posts (or landing pages or online lead magnet) is a great and profitable way to integrate content marketing and your YouTube videos. Because when you place videos in blog posts, your posts become more dynamic and interesting. By writing blog posts and creating complementary videos, you can recycle content ideas in new and more exciting ways. Apart from that, blog posts with videos also generate more inbound links and increased views than those that don’t.
Posting YouTube videos on a blog is also very easy, you just need to take the embed code and put the code in your post. You can read my article about ⇒ How to put YouTube videos on WordPress. However, you need to know that installing YouTube videos on your blog will make the blog feel slow when loading and also you cannot display it in other ways such as videos displayed in the form of a lightbox when played and many more.
In this article I will introduce a plugin that can help you display embed videos from various sources such as YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram and many more on your WordPress blog to make it look better, responsive and not slow down your blog when loaded, plugin the ARVE (Advanced Responsive Video Embedder).
What is ARVE?
ARVE stands for Advanced Responsive Video Embedder, as the name suggests you can embed various video embeds from various video platform sources on your WordPress blog and the video will support a responsive display format so that it fits the screen size. But this plugin has far more features than that. With ARVE you can display embed videos to be better and not slow down the speed of your WordPress website.
Apart from that, with the ARVE plugin you can also configure some other custom settings such as alignment, maximum width, enable autoplay, change thumbnails, titles, descriptions and much more.
ARVE Key Features
ARVE is a WordPress video player plugin that claims to be the only plugin you need to embed videos on your site. Lots of features this plugin brings to make it easier for you to embed videos from various platforms into your blog posts. Here are some of the features of ARVE:
- SEO friendly, allows you to specify a title, description, upload date to provide search engines with the schema.org data they want for better indexing.
- WYSIWYG support. No more messing around with shortcodes and previews.
- New improved dialog for embedding videos.
- ARVE makes embed video url responsive.
- There is no lock-in if you don’t use shortcodes and use a supported WordPress provider.
- Supports almost any video host that supports iframe embed code (allmyvideos.net, Alugha, Archive.org, Break, Brightcove, CollegeHumor, Comedy Central, Dailymotion, Facebook, Funny or Die, IGN, Kickstarter, LiveLeak, Livestream, kla.tv, Metacafe, Movieweb, MPORA, Myspace, Snotr, Spike, TED Talks, Twitch, Ustream, RuTube.ru, Veoh, Vevo, Viddler, vidspot.net, Vine, Vimeo, VK, Vzaar, Wistia, XTube, Yahoo, Youku, YouTube , YouTube Playlist, HTML5 video files directly, Google_drive, Dropbox, Ooyala)
- Embedding a video by pasting the URL on its own line is like WordPress!
- Optionally use a very powerful Shortcode.
- Clean syntax shortcode, no unnecessary shortcode wrapper.
- One single button for all service providers.
- Trying to show videos that don’t look flashy from the source, set the ‘hide brand’ variable if supported, disable related videos to keep visitors playing videos on your site instead of going to YouTube.
- If the Video provider supports Autostart, then mobile browsers can prevent this.
- Custom URL parameters to be used by all video providers.
- Maximum video width setting options.
- A sync video
- Option Detail description on the spot.
- Automatic aspect ratio and ratio.
- Disable links in embeds, For example: Clicking on the title in the YouTube embed will not open a new tab / new window. Prevent video hosts from driving visitors away from your site
- Lazyload Mode: Make your site load faster by loading only images and not the entire video player on content loading.
- Lazyload ⇒ Lightbox: Display Video in Lightbox after clicking the preview image
- ⇒ Lightbox links: Use simple links as triggers for lightbox videos
- Thumbnail image automatically or you can select manually
- Automatic or custom title above your thumbnail
- ‘Expand on click’ feature
- 3 hover styles and 2 play icon styles to choose from
- Responsive thumbnail using the latest HTML5 technology
- Can display the latest videos from the YouTube channel using the channel URL (updated / cached hourly)
You can use the ARVE plugin for free and download it directly in the official plugin library at WordPress.org. However, to get more features and extensive customization from the ARVE plugin, you must purchase a license and Add Ons Pro from this plugin.
Here are some pricing plans offered by the ARVE plugin:
- € 35 for 1 Site
- € 85 for 2-5 Sites
- € 150 for unlimited sites
- € 500 for unlimited sites and get updates and support forever
All purchase options will be billed annually except for the lifetime. And you can cancel your subscription at any time. And if you don’t renew your annual license you will still be able to use plugins and addons but will not get support and updates. And if you want to get a discount or discount of 30%, You can add a coupon code when buying ARVE Pro, along with the coupon code for ARVE Pro 30% ⇒ (
How to Use ARVE Plugin
To use the ARVE plugin, the first thing you need to do is install the plugin ARVE (Advanced Responsive Video Embedder) via your WordPress dashboard by going to the menu Plugins »Add New. Please type the keyword “ARVE” in the plugin search field, the ARVE (Advanced Responsive Video Embedder) plugin will appear in the first option, please install and activate the ARVE plugin.
Then in the menu “Settings” you will see two new menus added with the name ARVE License and ARVE. If you buy a license for this plugin, you can enter the license key in the ARVE License section.
And you can install Add Ons Pro just like you would install plugins in general via the menu Plugins »Add New, select upload and install and activate the Add Ons ARVE.
Install the Shortcake Shortcode UI Plugin
To use the ARVE plugin perfectly, you are also required to install an additional plugin called “Shortcake Shortcode UI”. Please enter the menu Plugins »Add New and type the name Shortcake in the plugin search menu and click install, then activate it.
ARVE Plugin Configuration
After you finish the above process, it is time to enter the menu Settings »ARVE, in this section you can configure the ARVE to suit your needs. When you open the ARVE page, you will see several tab menus as follows:
In the menu tab “Main Options”, you can make several settings such as selecting Mode (Normal, LazyLoad, LazyLoad Lightbox, Link Lightbox), setting video alignment or position, video maximum width and much more.
In this section you can add several URL parameters to each video source in the fields provided. These parameters will be added to the iframe’s src URL, you can control the video player behavior with them. This setting page also provides a documentation link for you to learn.
This section contains a short code or shortcode for compatibility only. It’s not recommended to use it at all, it’s recommended that you use a shortcode [arve]. And you can change the old shortcode tag here. This section is all you really need to make changes to prevent shortcode conflicts with other plugins you want to use.
In this section there are some custom settings, such as using a fallback thumbnail image, hiding video titles, play buttons, hover effects, disable links, and others.
Installing Embed Videos in WordPress with ARVE
In this example I will try to embed a YouTube video with the ARVE plugin in WordPress. First, please take the URL of the video that you are interested in installing.
Next, create new or edit a post or page on your WordPress site. And you will see a new button appear above the WordPress editor menu with the name “Embed Video (ARVE)”. Please click the button and you will see the settings in a popup as follows.
In the popup settings, please paste the embed video URL that you copied earlier into the URL / Embed Code column, and at the bottom you can select mode, Alignment, link, Thumbnail, Title, Descriptions, Set the maximum width and much more. And don’t forget to click the “Update” button to put an embed video in your WordPress posts.
Incorporating text and video content in blog content will add more value and diversity to your content, so visitors feel they are getting more of what they are looking for. With the help of the ARVE plugin, you can easily embed videos in WordPress from various video platform sources, you can also find cool features in this plugin as I have mentioned above and the most important thing is that you don’t have to worry anymore when adding a lot. embed videos on your site because ARVE has a special feature so that embed videos don’t overload your WordPress site.