What is Managed WordPress Hosting? – If you are new to the world of websites, blogs or WordPress and are looking for good hosting for your site by visiting several hosting service provider sites, you will often see packages offered such as “Managed WordPress Hosting”. And maybe you are wondering what type of hosting is it?
And if you use WordPress as a platform to build your website then is it required to use Managed WordPress hosting?
And is the hosting better than other packages? Why is the price offered more expensive? And there are many other questions that may come to your mind.
To answer your curiosity about Managed WordPress hosting, in this article, I will explain in full about this type of hosting, as well as its advantages and disadvantages.
What is Managed WordPress Hosting?
WordPress is a very popular web platform that makes web hosting service providers emulate WordPress by creating a hosting service called Managed WordPress. This type of hosting is specially made to meet all the technical aspects required by WordPress such as security, speed, WordPress updates, daily backups, website uptime, and scalability.
This was created so that online business website owners with WordPress can focus on running their business, and for the WordPress system and hosting it has been handled by a team of experts from hosting providers.
One of the best parts of using Managed WordPress hosting is the premium support. Your support is handled by WordPress experts who have a lot of experience and in-depth knowledge of WordPress who are ready to help you any time if your WordPress site has a problem.
Strengths and weaknesses
Before you try to use this Managed WordPress hosting service, you should first read about the advantages and disadvantages of this hosting:
- Fast : The hosting server is configured specifically for WordPress. Then this hosting gives your WordPress site super fast access even when your website is getting a lot of traffic.
- Security : WordPress sites are a secure platform but a lot of target for hackers because of its popularity, with Managed WordPress hosting, security is taken seriously by having a very tight security layer that actively scans for malware and blocks all hacking attempts.
- Expert support : Unlike other types of web hosting, the staff is very knowledgeable and expert in the WordPress field. The support team will advise you on using plugins that affect performance, troubleshoot problems faster, and more. It is like having a personal assistant with WordPress expertise at your side who is ready to help you.
- Daily Backup : The managed WordPress hosting servers will automatically create daily backups and offer restore points if you wish to restore.
- Automatic Updates : You don’t have to worry about the latest WordPress updates or updates because all updates are done automatically.
- No downtime : It doesn’t matter how much website traffic comes to your website, your website will stay up and there won’t be any downtime.
Dev Tools – You will usually find more tools in your Control Panel which WordPress requires.
- Price : Managed WordPress hosting is generally priced much higher than shared hosting plans. Basic plans for managed WordPress are usually offered starting at $ 29 / month. And apket shared hosting is offered at prices starting at $ 3.95 / month even on iPage you can get a price of just $ 1.99 / month only.
- Limited : Because the server architecture is specifically for running the WordPress platform, this will usually be a problem if you want to run a web that is built other than using WordPress, so this is really for WordPress. Apart from that limitation, it also limits the use of plugins that are proven to slow down your site. So this isn’t completely detrimental, but can be a problem if you have your own plugin for your site’s needs.
- Lack of Control : Because this is managed hosting it means that you don’t really have full control on all technical aspects of your server and technical aspects are under the team provided by hosting. But indeed the purpose of using managed hosting is that you want to be free from managing WordPress and its servers. You just simply focus on your business.
Those are the advantages and disadvantages of using Managed WordPress web hosting, by reading the above you can conclude whether you really need it.
When should you use Managed WordPress hosting?
Here I will provide suggestions for you to help provide input regarding whether or not you need to use managed WordPress hosting.
If you are a beginner starting a blog, then you do NOT need to use Managed WordPress hosting. You should start with regular WordPress hosting or a much more affordable shared hosting plan. I suggest that you use a hosting service like iPage, SiteGround or Bluehost which is one of the officially recommended hosting companies by WordPress. And for a good hosting company for Indonesia and I personally have tried the quality is IDCloudHost.
But if you’re currently running a small business and your website already has high traffic and you don’t want to bother with the technical stuff, then choosing this hosting is the perfect choice. Because if you don’t have any technical skills regarding hosting servers and WordPress, then web hosting and WordPress can be complicated and can waste your time on technical rather than business.
If you use hosting like (shared, cloud hosting, VPS, or dedicated), you are personally responsible for security, updates, backups, speed, uptime, etc.
But if you want something that is hassle free, super fast, and offers fast and customized support, then feel free to go with this type of hosting.
Above is a complete explanation of Managed WordPress hosting or managed WordPress hosting, hopefully the above can help you understand and decide whether you need to use this type of hosting. And if you want to use this type of hosting then below I will provide a list of Managed WordPress hosting service providers that are right for you to use. The list of hosting companies below has been tested and used by many users in various countries, so you don’t need to doubt their quality.
Managed WordPress Web Hosting Services
Bluehost is built on revolutionary VPS technology, their hosting server architecture has been uniquely engineered to make WordPress run well supported by a support team of experts in the WordPress field who are ready to help you 24/7. They are designed to make WordPress websites secure, easy to use, and very fast beyond standards. Their servers are equipped with a high level of security with powerful and popular tools. The lowest package prices offered are: $ 19.99 / month. This price looks cheap because considering this type of hosting owned by Bluehost can handle monthly visitors of up to 100 million visitors.
- VPS Power
- Advanced Nginx Architecture
- Custom PHP-FPM configuration
- MOJO Marketplace
- WordPress-centric Control
- SiteLock Security
- CDN Advanced
- SiteLock WAF
SiteGround is a hosting built for the community, they have reliable servers specifically for running WordPress, very fast servers with free CDN, safe and supported by a team of experts in the field of WordPress and you will get a fast response from them without even waiting. To contact them via ticket, it takes less than 10 minutes to get a reply from SiteGround’s support team. The price offered is fairly cheap, namely: $ 3.95 / month.
- 1-Click Installer
- WP-CLI Enabled
- WordPress Staging
- Git Pre-Installed
iPage is also a web hosting service that also provides Managed WordPress hosting which provides a custom tailored control panel to make it easier for users. Their servers are specially designed for WordPress so that WordPress can run very fast, easy theme access, ready-to-install plugins and support from a dedicated team who are experts in WordPress and they are ready to help you 24/7. The price they offer for the starter package is $ 3.75 / month.
- Core hosting plan
- Customized control panel
- Pre – installed themes & plugins
- WordPress expert support
- Enhanced security
- Super speed
HostGator builds WordPress servers with technology cloud hosting and proven to be 2.5X faster than shared hosting plans. They build servers with high levels of security and control panels that are specially designed for WordPress users. Their team is also very experienced in the WordPress field so you don’t have to worry about technical WordPress matters. HostGator offers quite cheap rates only $ 5.95 / month.
- Supercharged Speed
- Convenient Simplicity
- Advanced Security
- Seamless Scalability
- Superior Support
The above are some of the web hosting services that provide managed WordPress hosting that you can use. You don’t need to worry about the quality of each of the hosting above because all have proven to be very good and have years of experience.