What is the Telegram application, how to use Telegram? – In this article, I will make an article for all of you who are out of the topic of WordPress, which is discussing the chat application that interests me and is currently using it. The chat application is called Telegram, because it can be used on various devices such as WhatsApp, so I am interested in writing it on this blog.
Telegram is a chat messaging application that allows users to send secret chat messages that are end-to-end encrypted for added security. With Telegram you can also share more than just pictures and videos, but Telegram also lets you transfer documents or send your current location to friends easily. Telegram is the best application of all, fast, light, no ads and completely free, this application is very similar to WhatsApp and can be an alternative to WhatsApp, especially now that WhatsApp is also having trouble because it is limited by the government, so WhatsApp can be your use it to send messages without interruption. Please visit the official website here.
The Telegram chat application has a clean interface and has many features, and because of that Telegram is very widely used by people all over the world today. In fact, we can enter several programs so that Telegram can work according to our wishes, for example as software for pulse servers. Telegram is unlike any other chat application, Telegram is cloud-based or cloud technology, which means you can seamlessly move your conversations between smartphones, tablets, the web and even on your desktop. Here are some ways to use Telegram on various devices:
How to Use Telegram on iOS and Android
2. Enter your phone number. You will be asked to enter your phone number. Telegram will immediately send you a text message with a four-digit code to verify that it is indeed your number. Enter the code into the app to continue.
3. Add name and picture. Telegram allows users to create their own profile, complete with name and picture. Enter this information to continue.
4. Find friends with Telegram. Telegram can automatically search contacts for friends who use Telegram if you give the application permission to access your Address book. When you tap the Contact tab at the bottom left of the screen, Telegram will display a list of friends who use Telegram and also a list of Contacts who do not register on Telegram. You can send an invitation to join the chat by tapping on the name of a friend who is not using Telegram yet.
5. Start the chat. Choose a friend who has a Telegram account to start a new chat. Similar to WhatsApp and other SMS apps, there is a text field at the bottom of the screen where you can type messages.
6. Send photos, Web images, videos, documents, contacts or your location. Unlike most messaging apps, Telegram lets you send various information to your friends. Press the paperclip icon next to the chat text field and select the type of information you want to send. You can choose to take a photo or video, or select one of the files on your device. There is also an option to search for images over the Web, which opens a search prompt showing only the image results.
If you want to send your current location to a friend, select the option Location and agree that the application access to your current location. Your friend will then send you an interactive map. There is also an option to share documents and contacts using Telegram.
7. Start a Secret chat. From the Contact tab, select the New Secret Chat option then select your friend’s name. Every message sent in this window is encrypted, which means that no one else will have access to this chat. You can send text, media and documents just like regular chat.
You can also choose to create your own secret chat message, which means it can be deleted after a set time. In secret chat, tap on your friend’s name at the top of the screen »press the Info button» and enter the Self-Destruct Timer setting. Choose one second, two seconds, five seconds, one minute, one hour, one day or one week.
8. Background Chat. In the Settings tab at the bottom you can choose an image to be your chat background. Telegram has a selection of images already available, which allow you to customize the look and feel of your chats. There is also an option to select an image from your device to use as a background for a more personal touch.
How to use Telegram on a Windows PC?
1. Download Telegram for Windows PC Desktop by visiting the Telegram site here. After that do install as you install other windows programs. When finished, the Start Messaging button will appear as below:
2. After that you will be asked to enter your mobile number
3. Enter the 5 digit code sent to the mobile number
4. Now, let’s see how to use Telegram on Windows, To be able to send messages to other Telegram users, you will first need to add them to your Telegram contacts. To add a new contact, click the Contact menu at the top, click on Add Contact, and then enter the contact details. Remember, the number entered here must be associated with a Telegram account.
Add new contacts.
5. After adding a contact, you can click on the contact on the left side and start typing your message. After typing your message, click Send to send it. If you see one of the green ticks next to a message on the chat screen, it means the message has been sent from your device, and If you see two green ticks it means the message has been received by the recipient.
6. To send files Using Telegram, you can send photos, videos, documents, and other file types very easily. To send a photo in a message, click on the paper clip icon and locate the file you want to send on your device.
How to edit or delete contacts in Telegram?
To edit or delete a contact in Telegram on Windows, first select the contact on the left, then click on the white area above the chat area. You will see links to edit and delete contacts on the top right side. Apart from editing and deleting contacts, you can delete the chat history associated with the selected contact by clicking Clear history at the bottom.
For all other configurations supported by Telegram for desktop such as changing your profile photo, changing screen size, logging out, etc., you can click on Settings at the top left.
How to use Telegram Web Browser
After you know how to use the chat application on a Smartphone with iOS and Android OS, now let’s move on to how to use Telegram on a Web Browser, Telegram support in various media, and you don’t need to connect your smartphone to access Telegram via the web or a Desktop PC.
To begin with you only need to access the Telegram address for the web browser by visiting the official address and selecting a web browser or go directly to https://web.telegram.org/ , When you access the address and you will be asked for your mobile number and send a text message (SMS) to verify. If the SMS does not arrive there is also an option to make a call. Once verified, all messages and contacts will appear in this app. The big obvious benefit is that you can now chat with other people using a regular keyboard.
For the contact list on the left, and for adding Contact, Settings, Group on the menu on the top left.
Here’s a complete way to use the chat application with Telegram, please use the application if you are interested, and hopefully useful. 🙂