5 Best Forum Plugins for Free WordPress – If you want to build an online community site or often referred to as an online forum site, then there will be lots of platforms you can use out there. Forums are places that you can use to gather people to discuss various topics in one place, and forums can be a place to gather people who share the same interests and interests.
But how to create an online forum site? Creating an online forum is very easy, especially if you are a WordPress user, it will be easier to create an online forum site by using the plugins that are provided for WordPress. With this plugin, your forum site will blend perfectly with your WordPress site.
In this article I will list the 5 best forum plugins that you can use to easily create an online forum or community on WordPress.
5 Best Forum Plugins for WordPress
Below is a list of the best forum plugins for WordPress that have different features and uses. Choose the one that suits your goals.
When it comes to integrating forums into WordPress, bbPress is the best plugin choice for you. It is built the WordPress way and uses your existing WordPress core to power your forum.
bbPress is also one of the most popular and widely used forum plugins for the WordPress platform, bbPress is simple, but it handles all forum related requirements with ease.
You will need a bbPress compatible theme to use this plugin, but it’s not a difficult task to find one.
- Built for WordPress, bbPress takes advantage of the same WordPress core and follows the same coding standards as WordPress.
- Integrated with any WordPress Theme without difficult modifications.
- Nearly 100+ plugins are available to do whatever you want.
- bbPress is fast and lightweight.
- Not a feature-rich forum like dedicated platforms like phpBB CMS, Vanilla Forum, vbulletin.
BuddyPress is a WordPress plugin to create the most popular forum website for building online communities. You will need a BuddyPress compatible theme to make the plugin function properly.
With BuddyPress, you’ll have all the features you need to create a successful social community on your site.
- Easily integrated into any WordPress Theme.
- Many plugins to extend this functionality.
- Creates stream activities, user profiles, social relationships, groups, etc.
- Added a point system for user engagement.
- It can be very challenging to move a BuddyPress site to some other platform.
- This forum is not as well documented as WordPress and to support it is difficult.
3. WP Symposium
WP Symposium is an alternative to BuddyPress. It includes social networking features integrated into groups and forums.
- Premium support is available by upgrading to a premium membership.
- Includes features like events, galleries, alerts,
- Integration with Facebook, etc.
- Several Theme styles come built in with this plugin.
- Many useful features require a bronze membership.
- The plugin adds a notification when the bronze feature is used on the site.
4. CM Answers
CM Answers allows you to build a community Q&A on your WordPress site. The free plugin comes with features that are fast enough to set up a forum-like Stack Exchange on your forum website.
- Integrates seamlessly with most WordPress Themes.
- Users can vote on questions or answers.
- The Premium version has many more features including the ability to choose the best answer, profile, comments, social media login, etc.
- Your forum is limited to a Q&A format.
- Most of the useful features available for the premium version.
- Some reviews on the plugin’s page indicate that users find it difficult to use.
DW Question Answers allows you to create a question-and-answer site on a site built with WordPress. With this you can create a website like Quora, this plugin is almost the same as CM Answer.
- Allows question categories and tags. This site gives you a boost SEO with user content.
- Users can vote and comment on answers.
- Support CAPTCHA helps you fight spam.
- Can be used as a support forum.
- Your forum is limited to Question / Answer format.
Above is a list of the 5 best plugins for WordPress that are used to create online forum sites, with the above plugins you can easily create forums and build a community. Hopefully this article is useful and good luck. 🙂