5 Instagram Features That Are Great For Your Business – With more than 700 million monthly active users, Instagram deserves attention for every businessperson who wants to try selling online, this is because it is due to the popularity of Instagram. Besides, you can not only market your products and ideas to a highly targeted and interested audience, but it is also a very cheap promotion venue.
Regardless of whether you are an experienced digital marketer or a novice business person who wants to try doing business online through Instagram, here are 5 Instagram features that can help you quickly get attention and appeal to your audience easily.
Instagram Stories is a direct competitor to Snapchat Stories and takes advantage of the same principles as the latter to engage users. These stories have a slideshow format, and they stay live for a fixed 24 hour period. This can be the best feature of Instagram for your business promotion.
The short-lived nature of content drives an urgency that people are curious to see, because time is short. And here are some of the main benefits of using Instagram Stories are:
- Stories brings a lot of visibility, displayed at the top just below the Instagram logo.
- You don’t have to invest in high production value content; even behind the scenes clips can work just fine.
- Allows you to experiment with different types of content – photos, short videos, GIFs, reverse videos, and live videos.
- Leverage user tagging to engage your collaborators and influencers in campaigns.
- With location searches and hashtags, your content becomes more visible.
Here are some of the best Instagram Stories content ideas:
- Upcoming product reviews / product features / themes.
- Quick and spontaneous videos showcasing your store space.
- Shows the raffle prizes to be awarded to your eligible audience.
The Instagram algorithm is known to reward accounts using all of its features; so if you haven’t used Instagram Live before, then use it right away. When you run Instagram Live, you are pushed to the front of Instagram Stories and lineups in your followers feed. The app sends push notifications to your followers to let them know that you are live.
Make sure your live video looks like this
- Plan ahead and resist the urge to live.
- Determine the length of the video.
- Plan content and create a posting schedule.
- Determine the team responsible for the live video.
- Learn to collaborate; make announcements about your upcoming live Instagram Feed on all your digital marketing channels.
Note: Keep in mind that Live is meant for content that doesn’t fit into your permanent feed, or your Stories.
Integrate Your Instagram with Your Website
The leading website building platforms come with built-in Instagram integration capabilities (e.g. websites built with WordPress). Using this feature, your website visitors can reach your Instagram Feed directly from any web page, and it also allows you to integrate “shoppable Instagram” capabilities with your existing e-Commerce sales and fulfillment system, and also helps increase your activity and followers. on your Instagram account.
Here are a few other ways you can integrate your website and your Instagram content.
Post Direct Posts on Website
- Click on the three dots (…) at the bottom right of the Instagram post and click the “Embed Link” option to generate a code.
- Place this code in the HTML of your web page to make Instagram content appear where you want it.
Use the Instagram Feed Plugin
With this plugin, you can not only add your Instagram posts to your WordPress website, but also take advantage of advanced features such as:
- Can be displayed with carousel functionality.
- Filter posts by image and video formats.
- Show captions for photos.
- Receive likes and comments directly from the WordPress site.
- Integrated shortcodes for more customization.
The Instagram algorithm
While you can’t really control it, you can certainly understand it to align your Instagram marketing with algorithm updates.
This algorithm pushes content from the feed that the audience interacts with to the top of the Feed. For brands, this makes the importance of engagement much higher than ever. Once users start following your brand, you can experience a wide variety of effects, supported by this algorithm.
SproutSocial has compiled a list of Instagram stats that can help marketers or businesses create data-driven content plans; here’s the most important:
- An image in blue received 25% more likes than average.
- 40% of users respond better to visuals than text.
- 93% of customers think visual attractiveness is important, for making purchasing decisions.
- Captions get more than 56% engagement.
- Location tagged content gets 79% more engagement.
Instagram marketers or business people on Instagram can use the push notification feature to keep their audience engaged and return to your content.
While this marketing in this way is a little sneaky, it makes sense to remind followers to choose push notifications for your feed. One of the ways that you can apply is:
Make notifications about a limited number of discount coupons or exclusive content that you will be releasing ‘in the coming days’, and encourage your followers to ask for push notifications so they don’t miss the offer. Mostly, they won’t be turning off push notifications any time soon.
Instagram can bring a lot of traction to your business, as it is a platform that creates appeal through visuals, and already has a very large monthly active user base. With the five features of Instagram for business discussed in this article, you can be ready to get more buyers from your marketing campaign than any other way.