5 Easy Ways to Download Videos on Instagram – If you often spend a lot of time on Instagram, of course you will often see lots of cool video clips and you may want to save the video by downloading it and then use it for WhatsApp status or for you to share on other platforms.
Because Instagram doesn’t provide an official way to save or download videos directly. But you can still use several other ways to download videos on Instagram easily. Yes, this is what I will cover in this guide. So, stay tuned as I walk you through the various ways to download videos from Instagram not only on your iOS and Android smartphone devices but also on Mac and PC laptops. So, here are 5 ways you can download Instagram videos in 2020.
Since Instagram brings a cross-platform experience with apps for iOS and Android along with web apps for Windows and macOS operating systems, I’ve included different methods for downloading Instagram videos for each of these platforms. So, feel free to switch to the operating system you use on Instagram to learn how to download Instagram videos on the device you have.
Download Instagram Videos on iOS
1. Use InstaSave Shortcut
For me, the best and easiest way to save or download videos from Instagram via iPhone and iPad is by using a shortcut called InstaSave. It makes the whole process very simple. Keep in mind, your device must be running iOS 12 or later to take advantage of it.
1. To get started, tap the link this then tap “Get Shortcut” to add a shortcut to your library.
Note: Just in case, you haven’t installed the Shortcuts app on your iOS device, you can download and install it from here.
2. Now, fire up Instagram and access the video you want to download to your photo library. Then, you need to tap on the horizontal three-dot menu (≡) and select the “Share to…” option.
3. Next, you need to select a shortcut on the share page. (If the app icon doesn’t appear, tap the More button and toggle the button for it. Then, tap “Done”.)
4. Next, tap on the InstaSave shortcut to run it. Then, wait for the process to finish. Next, a popup will appear asking you to allow a shortcut to access your photos. Tap on OK.
Done! Now the Video will be saved to your Camera Roll.
2.Use a third-party Instagram video downloader application
If your iPhone or iPad is not running iOS version 12 or later, you can use a third-party app to download videos from Instagram on your iOS device. There are many applications that let you do this easily.
After trying several applications, I found “Repost: For Instagram“, Which iOS application is quite reliable. This video downloader is available for free and makes it easy for you to download videos on Instagram easily. I’ll show you the process of using Repost: For Instagram (free) so click on the link to download and install the app.
1. Open the Instagram app on your iOS device and find the video you want to download.
2. Then, tap on the horizontal three-dot menu (≡) and select “Copy Link”.
3. Next, open the “Repost: For Instagram” application on your iOS device. This will automatically recognize the copied link and show you the video. Then press it.
4. Next, tap the “Share to” button on the top right and then select “Save video”.
And it worked! Now, head over to Camera Roll, your video is already there.
If you’d like to have another option, Repost for Instagram + (free, in-app purchases), would be worth checking out. Just like its partners, it also comes free of charge and functions without any problems. Though it does offer in-app purchases to unlock additional features.
Download Instagram Videos on Android
1. Use Third Party Applications to Download Videos on Instagram
Saving any video from Instagram on an Android device is as easy as on an iOS smartphone, thanks to the availability of millions of Instagram video downloader apps. After seeing a lot of options, I chose InstaSaver because it is pretty neat and can download Instagram videos without any problems. Besides, you don’t have to spend a lot of money to get them.
I will show you the steps using “InstaSaver(Free with ads). So, make sure the application is installed on your Android device.
1. Open Instagram on your Android device and head over to the video you want to download.
2. Tap the three dots (≡) menu which is placed vertically on the top right and select “Copy Link”.
3. Now, open InstaSaver application on your device and tap on “Insta Post Downloader” button.
4. Next, paste the video link and hit “Paste”.
5. Finally, tap on “Save Video” and the video you want is ready to download!
If you are not impressed with InstaSaver or want to try an alternative application that can download Instagram videos, try Video Downloader for Instagram (free, in-app purchase). It is also available for free and works efficiently. As for the download process, it’s almost the same so downloading Instagram videos won’t be a problem.
Download Instagram Videos on PC MacOS or Windows
Saving or downloading Instagram videos on a Windows PC or Mac isn’t difficult either. And, there are several ways to do this.
1. Use the DreDown Site
The DreDown website is a good choice for downloading Instagram videos on computer. Apart from that, you can also download other videos from several popular sites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and others. Since it’s a comprehensive web tool, the steps are the same for macOS and Windows computers.
1. Open your best browser and go to Instagram account and find the video you want to save on your computer. Then, click on the horizontal three-dot menu (≡) and select “Copy Link”.
2.Now, go to the DreDown website (visit the website) and click the Instagram icon
4. Next, paste the link and click DreDown.
5. Next, it will show the video size and allow you to download the same MP4 file. Click the “Download” link to start the download process.
1. Use Chrome or Firefox Extension to download Instagram Videos
Apart from using certain website services like DreDown, you can also use Chrome Extensions or Firefox addons which also provide the same convenience. Unfortunately, there is no such tool for browsers like Apple Safari.
Since the steps are pretty much the same for Firefox and Chrome extensions, I’m going to show you only one method. before I start, make sure you have the correct extension installed in your browser.
- Chrome extension – Downloader for Instagram (free)
- Firefox Extesnion – Video Downloader for Instagram (free)
1. Open Instagram in your web browser and open any video you want to download on Instagram. Then hover your mouse cursor over the video and the “Download” button will automatically appear. Click the button and you have the video!
And, in this way, downloading videos on Instagram will be very easy using this extension.
Now that you know how to easily download videos from Instagram via various devices and operating systems both on PC and via Smartphone, you can download them as you wish. Hopefully this article was useful for you and good luck. 🙂