10+ Best Hard Disk Cloning Software – Hard disk cloning is the process of making 1 to more copies of the contents of a hard disk or solid-state drive from one hard disk device to another. Content is stored as an iamge disk file and can be transferred to a media storage device such as a DVD, hard disk, or USB Flashdisk. In case, if the original hard disk fails, you can quickly swap it out with the cloned hard disk. This helps you avoid reinstalling system software.
Here is a list of the best hard disk cloning software you can choose from, with popular features and website links. This list contains open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
Acronis is the most popular best cloning software that can replicate computer operating systems, software, patches and drives. This allows you to duplicate the configuration of multiple PCs so that each system is configured the same.
- It provides a complete image of your PC at one point in time.
- This software determines when, what and where to back up your important data.
- Acronis secures your important information using tight security.
- It offers the easiest way to back up your data and cloned disks.
2. EaseUS Todo Backup
The EaseUS Todo Backup software product is the best hard disk cloning software that allows you to clone a smaller hard disk to a larger hard disk. It also allows you to clone HDD to SSD for increased performance.
- It allows you to clone an MBR (Master Boot Record) disk to a GPT disk (GUID Partition Table) or a GPT disk to an MBR disk from a small size hard disk to a large size hard disk.
- Clone one partition or multiple partitions rather than the entire disk to avoid losing your data.
- This software product helps you recover deleted data or create backups for your system.
- You can recover files, system, partition, or disk.
3. AOMEI Backupper
AOMEI Backupper is another best hard disk cloning software which allows you to transfer your operating system to another hard disk without installing it again. This software helps you upgrade your hard disk from old to new.
- You can clone one hard disk to another without disturbing the operating system.
- Clone data sectors by sector.
- It supports GPT (GUID Partition Table) and MBR (Master Boot Record) partition styles.
- Clone HDD (Hard Disk Drive) to HDD, HDD to SSD (Solid-State Drive), or SSD to SSD for disk upgrade and data migration.
- Services available for Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows, etc.
- It allows you to access your important files on your tablet, phone, or laptop with your cloud network account.
4. MiniTool Partition Wizard
MiniTool Partition Wizard helps you to manage hard disk partitions and check file system. This tool measures read and write speed under hard disk access scenarios such as random or sequential.
- This software helps you check which files are taking up too much disk space.
- This allows you to move or resize the partitions.
- You can migrate the operating system to the SSD.
- It allows you to convert NTFS (New Technology File System) to FAT File Allocation Table).
- MiniTool Partition Wizard allows you to recover partitions and data.
5. Active @ Disk Image
Active @ Disk Image is the best and practical hard disk image cloning software which helps you to create similar copies, SSD, USB, HDD, Blu-ray etc. And save it into a folder. This software can be used for PC upgrades, disk duplication or backups, for other purposes.
- This is supportive Windows XP, 7, 8, 10 Vista, Server 2003, and 2012.
- You can mount any image as a virtual drive.
- This tool provides image compression.
- A disk partition copy or hard disk contains only the sectors it is occupying.
- Offers to image and restore fixed hard disks, and SSDs (solid-state drives), and removable disks.
- You can verify the image after creating it.
6. Macrium Reflect 7
Macrium Reflect 7 provides a backup solution, disk imaging, and is also the best hard disk cloning software for commercial and personal use. It offers live hard disk cloning and a secure way to store your commercial and personal data. You can back up data to local, USB, and network drives.
- It increases your computer disk space with delta fast cloning.
- Create a live / running Windows OS image.
- You can upgrade backups in the Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machine.
- This software encrypts your backup.
- Schedule your backups with flexible templates.
- It provides fast data cloning and restore for fast DR.
7. Paragon Drive Copy
Paragon Drive Copy Professional allows you to migrate the contents of your hard disk to a larger hard disk. It also allows you to manage hard disk partitions effectively.
- User can keep your disk well organized.
- This tool allows users to clone their OS to a USB flash disk and use it.
- Copy or restore files to a hard disk of various sector sizes.
- This allows the user to perform partitioning operations to keep the hard disk organized.
- This tool has a built-in wizard which returns various types of images.
O&O DiskImage allows you to restore your system and duplicate or clone your hard disk or PC. This cloning software supports Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7.
- Easy to restore or restore files, folders, drives, and disks.
- This software allows you to upgrade your system with driver integration.
- It has increased functionality to be controlled via Command Lines.
- You can immediately create a virtual hard disk.
- This tool has a security risk monitoring and warning feature.
- You can adjust the DPI setting selected from the connected monitor.
Clonezilla is a disk image cloning software program or hard disk cloning. It helps you to clone GNU / Linux, Mac OS based on Intel, MS windows, and FreeBSD.
- You can restore a single image to multiple local devices.
- This allows you to restore multiple local devices.
- This tool supports multicasting.
- It provides AES-256 encryption to protect data access, storage and transfer.
- This tool offers BMR and GPT partition formats of hard disks.
- You can customize your Imaging and cloning.
10. R-Drive Image
R-Drive is software that provides the creation of hard disk image files for duplication and backup processes. It contains an exact copy of hard disks, logical disks, and partitions.
- You can save Drive Image files in removable media such as Iomega Zip, Jazz disc, CD-R (W) / DVD, etc.
- It creates Image without restarting your windows system.
- This tool can restore Image to new disk, original disk, free hard disk space, or partition.
- Clone hard disk by copying data from source disk to target.
- It can link Image files as read-only virtual drives.
- This tool has a multi-language user interface.
11. Driveimage XML
Driveimage XML is another best hard disk cloning software that is effective for imaging and backing up partitions and logical drives. It allows you to save images in XML files and process them with 3rd party software.
- You can copy directly from one hard disk to another.
- This tool lets you browse the images, view and extract files.
- You can run DriveImage from the WinPE runtime boot CD-ROM or live CD.
- This tool provides automatic backup scheduling.
- This helps you to restore the Image to the same or different drive.
And that’s a list of the 10 best hard disk cloning software that I can share, please choose from one of the cloning software above to make hard disk clones or SSDs to make backups and other uses.