10 List of Often Overlooked SEO Optimization Techniques – Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a very hot and sought-after topic in the blogging world. All bloggers want to rank higher (pagerank) and appear on the first page of Google search and get more traffic. I myself am not a hypocrite, and also really want that to happen to this blog, because this blog is also new and still has zero PR 🙂.
In this article, I have listed the top 10 SEO practices that I often tend to forget. Simple SEO techniques if done right can make a significant difference when it comes to improving SEO and ranking in search engines.
10 List of SEO Optimization Techniques
1. Use the rel = “nofollow” tag at low link value for page rank juice. For example ‘Read the rest of the entry’ or readmore, ‘About’, ‘Contact’ etc.
2. Use proper anchor text for interlinks. Don’t use ‘here’
3. Optimize images, Enter a description in the alt tag and description
4. Use permalinks for search engine friendly links. Make sure the URL doesn’t have ‘&’, ‘?’, ‘!’ etc.
5. Use hyphens (-) between words to increase readability.
6. Don’t use underscores (_), use hyphens (-) instead
7. Do not use session id in URL
8. Use Tag Cloud
9. Have categories in paragraph descriptions
10. Edit Url and take important words. such as: “10-Best-and-Cheap-Hosting-Services” make “the best-cheap-hosting-service”.
In the future I will try to use this list to optimize my web pages for search engines. If you want to try SEO optimization techniques, please use the method above for optimize SEO your blog.